At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Azure Solutions Architect.
One of our large clients has made strategic decision to move all their Hospital management data to a new Azure environment for processing and analytics. This is a multiyear roadmap with many components that will piece into a larger Enterprise level Azure implementation. Perficient subject matter expert will work with the client team to move this data into new environment in a fashion that will meet requirements for applications and analytics.
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to be knowledgeable in two or more technologies within (a given Solutions/Practice area). The Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert infrastructure architecture, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of Azure technology architecture and provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technologies including ADLS and Synapse (formerly knows as ADW)
- Lead workshops with many teams to define data ingestion, validation, mining, engineering, modeling, visualization, AI, and analytics
- Design and Build Azure Data services including ADF, ADL, AMM, ADLS, ADW, Power BI, AML, ABS, and other services within the Azure data framework
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver complex projects
- Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Contribute to the thought capital through the creation of executive presentations, architecture documents and articulate them to executives through presentationsDetermine Project and solution estimation and team structure definition
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Provide end to end vision and hands on experience with Azure Cloud Platform
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet client needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- At least 10+ years of experience in designing, architecting and implementing large scale data processing/data storage/data distribution systems particularly in Azure
- Most recent 2+ years of experience in delivering large scale Azure projects
- At least 5+ years real time and streaming experience in Azure based data solutions
- At least 3+ years in presales and demo using Azure data services including ADW and ADLS
- At least 5+ years of Hands-on administration, configuration management, monitoring, performance tuning of Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- At least 5+ years of demonstrated experience at least in the most recent 2+ years of designing and delivering solutions using Cortana Intelligence suite of analytics services part of Microsoft Azure including Azure Machine Learning Studio, HDInsight, Polybase, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Data Warehouse, Streaming Analytics, Data Catalog, R/R Studio
- Should have experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platform.
- At least 3+ years of experience in migrating large volumes of data using standard Azure automation tools from on premise and cloud infrastructure to Azure
- Ability to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines with specific references
- VERY strong communication, solutioning, and client facing skills especially non-technical business users
- At least 5+ years of working with large multi-vendor environment with multiple teams and people as a part of the project
- At least 2+ year of working with Power BI
- At least 5+ years of working with a complex Big Data environment using Microsoft tools
- 5+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server/JIRA/GitHub and other code management toolsets
Preferred Skills and Education:
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Certification in Azure platform
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.