AWS Cloud Solutions Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a hands-on AWS Cloud Solutions Architect. This is a remote role working contiguous US Time Zone hours. Possible travel post COVID.
Perficient is seeking an AWS certified professional who is a cloud migration enthusiast with passion for elastic workloads and serverless frameworks. With your expertise in cloud computing, you will architect and build cloud-native systems, wrangle cloud systems’ complexity, and ensure that best practices are followed when utilizing a wide variety of cloud service offerings. You will also weigh the pros and cons of using IaaS services versus PaaS and other managed services when designing and recommending solutions.
You are expected to be a subject matter expert on AWS services, tools and best practices. You will answer questions on various cloud-native technologies and AWS services, and you will provide recommendations on what service to use and when. As such, you should have extensive hands-on experience with the varied AWS services, their limitations and alternate (non-AWS) solutions that might serve better in particular situations.
CI/CD: The role requires deep involvement in continuous delivery automation, and the integration of cloud-native services to create fully functioning, cohesive delivery pipelines. Your set of skills should include tools and systems like:
- CI/CD suites such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI or GitLab CI
- Source control management such as GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket
- AWS build tools including: AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline
Observability: You will ensure that an application and the systems it runs on implement appropriate monitoring, logging and alerting solutions. Your experience should include:
- Slack, DataDog
- Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS X-Ray
- Amazon SNS, Nagios
- Elasticsearch, Kibana
Infrastructure as Code (IaC): You will provision cloud infrastructure in an automated manner using tools such as:
- AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit)
Containerization & Orchestration: You must have hands-on experience building containers and automating container orchestration—deployment, management, and scaling, using tools such as:
- Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS/EKS
- RedHat OpenShift
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Database: The role requires working knowledge in setting and querying:
- Relational data stores: PostgresQL, MySQL, Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora
- NoSQL data stores: MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB
- Data warehouse: Amazon Redshift
- Amazon RDS Proxy
Automation: In-depth programming experience is required for the implementation of solution POCs and the automation of solution resiliency validation and verification. You should be able to utilize:AWS Lambda
- Bash, Python, java
Security: The role includes responsibility for technical security implementation, and enforcement of compliance and security guideline. You should have passion for cutting edge cloud services, and deep interest in cybersecurity architecture and information security technologies. Required skills include:
- AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Control Tower
- Identity management, federated security and SSO
- Secrets management: Vault, AWS KMS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in highly available architecture and solution implementation on AWS and on-prem data centers
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in architecting and delivering AWS solutions
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques across the disaster recovery discipline
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical an d non-technical staff.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred education and certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- AWS certificated:
- DevOps Engineer Professional
- SysOps Administrator Associate
- Solutions Architect Professional
- Solutions Architect Associate
- Developer Associate
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-AB1