The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Actuarial Analyst 2, Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Successful completion of at least 3 actuarial exams
- Meets requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Medical claims data experience
- Health Insurance industry experience
- Experience in SAS or SQL