Senior Human Resources Manager
The Drizly Team is growing quickly and the quality and organization of our personnel will dictate our success today and in the future. In your role as the Sr. Human Resources Manager, you will be a champion of Drizly’s culture and values. You will be a confident, data & metrics focused, influential, trusted business partner to our leaders by demonstrating a strong technical business acumen combined with the ability to effectively communicate.
You will support in building exceptional teams and make sure all people decisions reflect a balanced approach to managing the needs of the business, our employees and our customers. The HR Manager works with business managers and leaders to define, structure and implement improvements that cut across HR processes, organizational structure, enabling technologies and the use of data & analytics to drive business alignment, maximize organizational performance and establish a culture focused on productivity.
- Policy and Procedure:
- Provides superior HR support, coaching and advice to employees, managers and leaders through being available, approachable, helpful at all timesEstablishes deep relationships and trust through straight-forward communications and interactions internally and externally.
- Leverages deep understanding of the business and its strategy to provide expert insight and consultation into organizational effectiveness and talent planning and development.
- Provides expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Partner with business unit heads to develop customized compensation (incentive and equity) plans for individual and franchise group studiosProactively identify future team needs and develop long-term plan to support business objectives.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; maintains and communicates policies and procedures employee handbook.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Maintains the work structure by informing updated job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains historical human resource records by continuously updating our Zenefits integration
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization.
- Coordinate with internal counsel regarding employment law
- Employee Satisfaction
- Ensure health and safety protocols are in place and documented
- Schedule and conduct employee satisfaction surveys, analyze data, and recommend changes when neededDirect optimal organizational and office space planning
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management
- Monitor career path program data to ensure retention rates remain high and employees are aware of and motivated by advancement opportunities
- Financial Management of HR Department:
- Prepare and manage annual budget for human resources operations
- Complete annual benefit program cost analysis and competitively bid our existing providers to ensure best cost/value
- Manage on-boarding, off-boarding, new hire paperwork, benefits administration.
- Schedule and track the completion of online employee hiring and training programs.
- Maintain corporate organizational charts
- Develop process for recruiting exceptional staff for all departments and monitor effectiveness
- Write and place compelling and effective employment ads with Drizly brand and culture present
- Performance Evaluation:
- Assist in the performance evaluation process
- Direct disciplinary procedures including consulting with MA DOL or legal counsel when indicated and documenting all actions
- Prepare, deliver, and file all promotion documents
- Conduct or advise those conducting exit interviews in accordance with state and federal labor laws, including, but not limited to final paychecks and continuation of benefits
- Document separation, ensure employee file is complete, and move to inactive status
- Represent organization at personnel related hearings and investigations
- Payroll and Benefits:
- Provide any needed support for payroll processing
- Ensure that all deductions for benefits are properly administered and recordedPrepare documents to implement benefits and maintain records of enrollment
- Coordinate enrollment and maintain group insurance for eligible employees
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communication of benefits information to employees
- Manage compensation and benefits packages for employees
- Secure new benefit contracts when needed, store all relevant documentation, and introduce new programs to eligible employees
- Team Building:
- Resolve issues between management and employees
- Provide management coaching and training
- Create, maintain, and distribute company event calendar
- Plan, organize, and promote company events including but not limited to community service, retreats, team building events, holiday party, etc.
- Operational Management:
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Oversee day-to-day of office operations including the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., with respects to purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Manage and increase effectiveness of Support Services (IT, HR, etc) and monitor services provided and charges incurredAssist with developing and managing office operations budget
- Prior Experience:
- 6+ years in progressively responsible HR business partner roles, preferably in a high-tech and creative environment
- Experience across all areas of the Human Resources functions
- Demonstrated success operating as a strategic HR leader and partner with the operational functions of the business
- Skill set:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to drive decisions through strong relationships, expertise and data.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders that are extremely intelligent, motivated, driven to execute.
- Ability to pivot & shift quickly by being able to move from tactical tasks one moment to the next moment of being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Read Full Job Description