DataRobot offers a machine learning platform for data scientists of all skill levels to build and deploy accurate predictive models in a fraction of the time it used to take. The technology addresses the critical shortage of data scientists by changing the speed and economics of predictive analytics. The DataRobot platform uses massively parallel processing to train and evaluate 1000's of models in R, Python, Spark MLlib, H2O and other open source libraries. It searches through millions of possible combinations of algorithms, pre-processing steps, features, transformations and tuning parameters to deliver the best models for your dataset and prediction target.
The job requires the ability to rapidly prototype new features, demonstrate them to various stakeholders (end users, product managers, corporate management) and peers, accept feedback and revise/refine the implementation as necessary.
The ideal candidate should bring new ideas from concept to implementation, write quality code, participate in design/development discussions, then translate mock-ups into working application design.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Experience with modern JS frameworks, preferably Angular or React
- Experience with testing frameworks (unit and e2e) using Jasmine / Mocha / Protractor.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and the ability to write clean, semantic markup.
- Experience using SASS or LESS CSS pre-processors
- Familiarity with standard front-end toolkit: automation/packaging tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Karma, Webpack, Babel etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience in working hard and killing unrealistic deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute to and improve upon an already existent code base.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Python, Redis and MongoDB
- Familiarity with the linux command line
- Angular.js 1.5
- Node / NPM / Socket.IO / Webpack / Grunt / Karma / Jasmine / Protractor / Jenkins / Docker