Toast is a rapidly growing startup that is revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by offering the first android based, all-in- one restaurant management platform. With our POS at the core and the additional functionality of credit card processing, loyalty programs, gift cards, online ordering, inventory management and more, Toast makes it easier for restaurant owners and operators to optimize their business.
The Toast Project Manager is capable of handling all aspects of a large solution implementation. They use their industry and hospitality experience to manage the customer through implementation while managing and monitoring the implementation process through established best practices. They typically oversee a customer dedicated team of Services resources in addition to third party partners to ensure focus on objectives and milestones. The Project Manager works closely with the various department heads of the Toast organization and will report to the Director of Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Single point of contact responsible for communication to the Customer and TOAST internal departments during implementation
- Managing all aspects of the customer relationship from on-boarding through go live.
- Managing and coordinate the activities of all TOAST departments during the project including Sales, Implementation, Customer Services, and Product Management.
- Develop, execute and manage a project plan specific to the client and the agreed upon Statement of Work, budget and resources
- Generate project status reports for customer and TOAST internal departments
- Manage a comprehensive change control process across hardware, software, configuration, installation, and resource management
- Effectively direct and motivate a team of internal support resources in accordance with TOAST’s mission statement values
- Experience managing projects including project planning and financial analysis
- Motivate a team of individuals in a matrix management; proven team leadership and management skills
- Previous stakeholder management of owners and executives. Preferably in a technology or hospitality based company.
- Working knowledge in the fundamentals of managing projects as defined by the Project Management Institute
- Excellent oral and written skills as well as the ability to consult and negotiate
- Accomplished interpersonal skills and good business sense with the ability to see the larger picture
- Experience in hospitality, related industry or consulting a plus
- Technology or POS sales background is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Works under supervision of the Director of Services who will assist in establishing work requirements and procedures
- Must have ability to work closely with Product Management, Pre-Sales Engineers, Project Management and Customer Services teams
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong spirit and energy to provide the best support in the restaurant industry
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneur/start up environment
- Self-Directed attitude and work ethic
- Travel 10 - 20%