Implementation Customer Engineer
As a Technical Customer Engineer on our implementation services team, you will be responsible for all aspects of execution and delivery for new client implementations onto our Managed Accounts solutions platform. This hands-on position requires significant client contact and coordination with internal operations and technology teams to implement and service new clients. The Technical Customer Engineer will work with clients to develop and manage to an implementation plan, including platform configuration, custom integrations, data conversions, and testing.
- Technical and functional analysis of customer implementation and integration requirements.
- Documentation of implementation requirements and expected effort.
- Configuration and setup of the managed accounts platform.
- Configuration of data loaders and development and configuration of workflow processes and customizations to the platform.
- Proactive identification of internal and external dependencies, highlighting issues, scope changes, and progress against project plan.
- Management of client expectations – excellent communication skills are essential.
- Communication of project status/issues to clients and internal management.
- Partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service.
- Provide technical support to assist clients during and post implementation.
- Development and deployment of custom reports.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, MSCS is a plus.
- Experience in professional services or technical consulting with enterprise software solutions, specifically enterprise software installation, configuration, customization, and testing.
- Solid knowledge of enterprise software implementation lifecycle and aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture.
- Desired technical skills - MS Windows, SQL, XML, IIS, JBOSS, and Tomcat.
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in complex fast-paced environment to ensure quality of all data integration points.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully.
- Project management skills including:
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to plan, commit, and deliver to schedules
- Ability to identify, escalate, and manage project issues
- Willingness to work extended hours on an as-needed basis
- Domain knowledge on investment systems (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations) is preferred.
- Some of the adjectives we value for this position: intelligent, proactive, engaging, dynamic, resourceful, personable, technical, flexible, independent.