Vice President, Strategic Partnerships at PathAI
The VP of Strategic Partnerships is a senior member of the PathAI team and will hold primary responsibility for identifying, collaborating and helping design partnerships between PathAI and collaborators in the life sciences industry. The executive will be the primary interface with the scientific leadership at our partners and potential partners for identifying new areas of collaboration. The executive will help shape corporate strategy with high visibility across the organization, including frequent interactions with PathAI leadership and Board.
Specifically, the VP of Strategic Partnerships will:
- Work closely with Senior Management and Scientific Programs to refine and update business development goals to support the Company’s strategy
- Maintain a deep awareness and understanding of discovery and development programs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Proactively identify gaps in the technical approaches used at potential industry partners where PathAI could provide enabling technologies to advance drug development and accelerate approvals
- Build off foundation with existing clients to achieve deeper client engagements, working with senior leadership to strategically advance alliances and creatively structure future deals
- Develop targeted material for client presentations including relevant publication findings and tailored material to support the client’s drug development pipeline
- Coordinate due diligence assessments across functional teams
- Support negotiations of term sheets for business development activity
- Recommend opportunities, summarize and review terms with the executive team and Board
The successful candidate will have deep technical, medical, academic and / or business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a track record of success in driving high-value partnerships and collaborations.
Specific qualifications include:
- An advanced degree in a relevant scientific or medical field is strongly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the drug research and development process especially as related to pathology, translational medicine and companion diagnostics.
- Five or more years of biopharmaceutical industry, laboratory or industry-related business development experience
- Able to build relationships with senior-level R&D and commercial executives at pharma organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities across their portfolio
- Track record of successfully assessing new business opportunities and establishing large scale partnerships is preferred
- Strategic thinker who possesses solid business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the scientific, development and regulatory levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics
- Strong moral compass
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary, performance bonus, plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.