We are expanding our customer success organization and are looking for our first Technical Account Manager (TAM) in America.
Privitar is a rapidly growing VC-backed company based in London with offices in Boston and New York City, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising privacy and security. Our technology enables organizations to safely analyze and mine sensitive datasets while protecting an individual’s privacy.
You will be responsible for driving customer adoption and success through strategic management and tactical execution across an assigned portfolio of accounts. The primary functions of this role are to ensure the building of strong, lasting and productive relationships both internally and externally. Additional responsibilities will include the ability to influence customer satisfaction, platform adoption, and retention and expansion of the Privitar business.
Privitar is pioneering a new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address this social issue of growing importance.
- Craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of Privitar
- Demonstrate technical acumen and customer-facing skills that will enable you to effectively represent Privitar within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership
- Provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively keep your customers’ operationally healthy.
- The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from Privitar
- Drive customer outcomes, product adoption, and customer experience while supporting our largest and most strategic customers with responsibilities for building relationships within accounts to become a trusted advisor; focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction.
- Work with other members of the customer success team including Professional Services, Support, and Customer Success Managers to ensure cohesive messaging while ensuring overall customer satisfaction with our products and the Privitar organization
- Develop a detailed understanding of the operation and usage of Privitar products as well as being familiar with their configuration and maintenance
- Educate yourself about data privacy issues and requirements (size, scope, risk issues, exposure impact), data volumes, anticipated masking complexity, performance goals and the existing operational data infrastructure (e.g. Hadoop)
- Enable end-users and champions on how to best utilize Privitar features and optimize performance
- Utilize every opportunity and experience to create a “customer for life” - own the escalation point for any issues related to the customer lifecycle while building a solid base of reference-able customer contacts within your assigned portfolio
- Look for opportunities to offer additional services or functionalities to further enhance the customer’s Privitar experience
- Inform the customer of product feature enhancements and train them on how to use new functionality ensuring that they have fully adopted the latest releases of our products
- Uncover and mitigate any risk that threatens a customer’s growth, satisfaction, or renewal; conceive and execute risk mitigation plans where necessary
- Travel to customer sites within America can be expected
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of sophisticated product integrations in customer enterprise environments leveraging components such as Hadoop, Data Flow, enterprise security modules, RDBMS, workflow automation, ETL tools, and other related technologies
- Working knowledge of common Data Flow / Streaming environment and technology (e.g. Apache NiFi, Kafka, Confluent, StreamSets)
- Familiarity of workflow automation and Hadoop orchestration tools (Azkaban, Control- M, Oozie)
- Familiarity with typical Hadoop file formats (CSV, Avro, Parquet, ORC) and compression techniques (Gzip, Bzip2, LZO, Snappy, Deflate, Sequence)
- Knowledge of emerging big data security and auditing tools (Sentry, Ranger, Knox)
- Experience with Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
- Broad knowledge of Hadoop and Linux security infrastructure
- Exposure to data warehouses and operational data stores
- Domain expertise in either financial services or healthcare/big pharma/health insurers a big plus
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description