Sales Training Manager
Greater Boston Area
What’s it like to work at Quick Base? Well, our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all Quick Base employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work, we have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career advancement (1/3 of our employees are in a new role from 1 year ago!). We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. Quick Base combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Find out if Quick Base is for you!
Join the Quick Base Go-To-Market Enablement team as the Training Manager to train and mentor our Sales and Business Development teams. This role owns the full end-to-end learning and development programs for the sales team at Quick Base. Primary areas of focus are: needs assessments; design and delivery of training programs, including onboarding; content creation and management; and serving as the subject matter expert in sales selling skills. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated and creative. This role is critical to our organization as it promotes the development of our most important asset, our sales talent. Our selling team is located in Cambridge, MA and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Own the growth and success of a comprehensive sales education program, including the live, in person –sales onboarding program, continuous education initiatives, and certifications
- Manage the delivery of the Quick Base sales methodology (currently Sandler), and the evaluation of additional or replacement methodologies or skill vendors
- Deliver training utilizing a variety of training methodologies and techniques, leveraging best of breed learning tools to ensure the effectiveness of the programs
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to develop training programs and resources, bringing the best training materials, tools and presentations to the learning curriculum
- Become knowledgeable on the Quick Base product and effectively articulate value proposition and benefits.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leadership to conduct needs assessments and determine learning priorities as part of the overarching training and development framework
- Design and deliver world-class content (presentation, playbooks, videos, etc.) to support training programs and self paced learning in close collaboration with sales and product marketing
- Establish libraries for training and development programs and materials, ensuring up-to-date information which can be easily accessed by marketing and sales personnel
- Partner with Sales team as a mentor/coach to improve sales acumen - territory planning, account/pipeline management, sourcing methodology, cold calling techniques/best practices, closing, etc.
- Track, benchmark and report on training progress and skills mastery to demonstrate overall performance improvement
- Success in the role will include accelerated ramp time for new reps, increase in the percentage of the sales reps hitting quota, increased productivity, and the effectiveness of sales resources and materials
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred in Business, Marketing or Sales related field.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in Sales and/or Training & Enablement, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Mastery in adult learning methodologies and processes.
- Experience with Sandler Selling methodology and a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts and tools.
Read Full Job Description