This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Sales Manager, you will lead a growing team of high performing Account Managers with the goal of helping the team continue to grow and improve. Within Partnerships, your primary focus should be on increasing profitable funding volume through the relentless improvement of the sales process for the company. You should strive to provide best-in-class service and experience to our partners, build lasting relationships with key decision-makers and creatively problem-solve issues as they arise.
In this role you will:
- Lead an existing high performing team focused towards relentless improvement consistently exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Coach and professionally develop the team’s sales process enhancing activity KPIs that correlate to winning outcomes
- Maintain and build upon the current culture, promoting transparency and work ethic while having fun
- Lead with a “never quit” attitude and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of adversity
- Leverage and communicate using data to improve core KPIs and sales processes
- Identify ways to improve partner experience (technology, communications, process, etc.)
- Build relationships with core partner’s main decision-makers and be relied upon to be an influencer
- Developing cross-functional relationships and execute on sales strategy and tactics
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop content as it relates to existing and new partner communication
- Outline and implement creative new ways to drive profitable volume to existing partners
- Visit existing partners through consistent travel to continue building relationships, up to 25%
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
- Customer Oriented: The job demands a positive and constructive view of working with others. There will be a high percentage of time spent in listening to, understanding and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds to achieve “win-win” outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience effectively leading a successful team
- 5-10 sales experience, with account management experience
- Experience mentoring and/or leading others effectively
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends or patterns
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal and other forms
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Over the last 3 years, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.