Sales Manager - Small Business Team
Hi. We’re HubSpot.
HubSpot is the world’s leading inbound marketing and sales platform. Over 30,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot’s software, services, and support to grow. A global company with offices in the US, Ireland, Australia, and Japan, HubSpot transforms how organizations market and sell, to match how people research and buy.
HubSpot has also redefined how people work and live. Our commitment to autonomy, flexibility, and transparency prompted the creation of our Culture Code, which has gone viral, amassing more than 2M views. Ensuring that our customers and employees are continually growing and learning has helped make HubSpot a Best Place to Work in the eyes of Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc. The Boston Globe, and the Boston Business Journal.
If you are looking for a place where you’ll tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you’ve ever worked with, HubSpot might just be the place for you. Join us!
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about transforming sales and marketing and whose values align with HubSpot’s culture - we are on a mission to help every SMB in the world grow better. We achieve our mission by being Humble, Effective, Adaptable, Remarkable and Transparent.
- Has high emotional intelligence - you have genuine empathy for others, and maximize your impact through understanding the motivations of your team, and adapting your communication accordingly
- Is a positive change agent - you have a track record of leading and empowering groups towards driving improvement while navigating change and simultaneously winning. You create a culture of transparency and focused improvement while having fun and fostering a strong team environment.
- Has a commitment to overachievement - you have a “never quit” attitude, and get buy-in to overachieve against targets regardless of the adversity being faced.
- Is data-driven - you leverage and can communicate using data to improve core KPIs that matter to the individuals on our team, the Small Business segment, and to help drive HubSpot’s strategic “plays”.
- Has experience managing in a structured sales environment. These could include managing via a sales methodology, a forecast methodology, and structured deal management by sales stage.
- Uses good judgement - especially when tasked with difficult decisions you are a person who exudes good judgement in decision making.
- Is accountable - you have honest, transparent, and authentic communications with your colleagues, regardless of personal ramifications.
- Is a team builder and coach of learning sellers - You not only motivate individuals but a team towards a collective vision and manifest a team atmosphere. You have experience coaching sellers with 0-5 years closing experience with low-attrition and examples of driving reps from zero to hero.
Sales Managers at HubSpot:
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Have an analytical mindset and leverage data across all interactions
- Have a track record of being excellent coaches
- Are effective communicators and motivators across multiple mediums both externally and internally
- Support salespeople in all aspects of the sales process and keep their team members accountable to KPIs that drive the business
- Support the business in cross-functional projects to drive organizational advancement
- 2-5 years of sales management experience (ideally in SaaS sales) managing closing sellers with a proven track record of success
- BA or BS degree at minimum
- Experience leading a consultative sales process
- Experience using CRM to manage and forecast sales opportunities
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and patterns
- Strong communication skills in written, verbal, and powerpoint forms