Regional Business Director, DAX Solutions, North America at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
To ensure that the company has the quality of leadership required to fully achieve the tremendous market opportunity in the area of Ambient Clinical Intelligence solutions, Nuance Healthcare desires to recruit a highly accomplished executive to develop, execute and lead the Division’s North America market attack / growth plans for its Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX) suite of offerings, a critical growth vector for the $1B+ Healthcare division.
This position reports jointly to the SVP of North American Sales (Direct Line) and the VP/GM of DAX Solutions (Dotted Line), Health Division and will be part of both leadership teams. The focus of this position will be to further shape and lead the successful execution of the overall business plan, go-to-market strategies and profitability for these solutions in North America. Achievement will be based upon effectively segmenting the market, developing market attack plans and working with sales and marketing to achieve / exceed net new bookings plans with the desired traits (# of providers, by care setting, ARPU, satisfaction levels, etc.), continually evaluating and adjusting these plans and actions to accelerate growth. The variable compensation for the role is directly tied to achievement of the regional net new bookings target and the realized ARPU levels.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy and set of actions for the growth of the North American DAX business within the Health Division through full emersion and understanding of current and potential markets, including market assessment, customer targeting methodology, pricing strategy, potential partners as a way to further cover the market without channel conflicts, and sales & marketing enablement ideas and plans.
- Define/execute sales strategies for specific customer segments in the Region (e.g., messaging by specialty and care setting) that quickly “land” new sales and create pathways for “expansion” that can be executed successfully.
- Develop market attack plans using a repeatable methodology to drive market share – e.g., understand scribe usage, financial stability, interest in solution / willingness to pay, key buying factors (e.g. budget), decision makers, buyer’s specific purchasing journey, etc..
- Directly lead a group of highly skilled sales / market specialists: Inspire, motivate, lead and where necessary grow and / or make upgrades to the team.
- Customize / deliver product training sessions to sales (e.g., AEs, KAMs, etc.) in Region
- Help define / influence the marketing plan for the business for the Region – e.g., Tradeshows, Customer events, Digital Marketing, Sales tools, Press Releases; provide input and guidance on developing specialty / segment specific sales collateral.
- Coordinate / lead, with the sales and divisional teams, a regular cadence of meetings / updates with standard dashboards on the overall plan’s effectiveness.
- Develop a process to iterate on the strategy: provide market and competitive insights – e.g., Primary (customer profiles, surveys, win / loss and other pipeline analysis) and Secondary (e.g., Advisory Board, Definitive, KLAS); Utilize sales funnel analytics to assist the sales team on risks, opportunities and associated plans; coordinate and provide direction to a data team within sales operations.
- Identify key customers for customer testimonials. RBMs to determine w/SVP of Sales show sites for specific segments while product specialists to drive and manage show site visits and demos, and the AE’s/KAMs to maintain and own relationships of the show site.
- Refine / recommend local pricing and configuration for product, based on customer needs and competitive dynamics in the Region. Coordinate any special pricing required and obtain appropriate levels of approval.
- Participate / influence the development and execution of key operational processes (e.g. onboarding process for new ‘land’ customers).
- With the broader leadership team, establish roles and responsibilities frameworks for various functions with respect to customer contacts such as Marketing, Sales, Implementation, Training, Support, and Product Development.
- Feedback insights / participate in roadmap meetings with the product team, clearly defining a prioritized set of next features by customer / market segment for the region.
Nuance is looking to recruit a senior Healthcare executive with a track record of successful management and execution of complex go-to-market strategies and business initiatives to successfully introduce and grow new products into the market that are innovative. The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of health information solutions serving the provider market (hospitals, health systems and physician practices), and more specifically deep domain expertise in bringing highly sophisticated products to the market that deliver ROI to customers. He/she will bring functional expertise in market assessment and voice of customer efforts, market growth plans that incorporate robust sales coverage plans and the corresponding sales enablement initiatives, having previously led market assessment teams, regional product specialist teams, and / or sales teams. The best candidate will have held sales and / or market roles and demonstrated a strong ability to create and execute market-based growth programs.
- 10+ years of experience in global healthcare information technology and services, ideally in solutions dealing with large healthcare delivery enterprises.
- 5+ years functioning in a role within the healthcare industry focused on product introduction and go-to-market strategies.
- Extensive, up-to-date knowledge of clinical documentation/clinical information solutions including their connection to other systems such as the EHR systems.
- Demonstrable cross functional leadership that improves / increases the skill sets of others
- Superior execution, analytical and operational capabilities, able to methodically but rapidly drive results.
- Exceptional planning and commercial skills. Has the ability to work with the existing management team to refine and communicate the vision, strategy and (most importantly) the actions to accelerate growth in this new innovative area of the business.
- Must have a strong product orientation with a focus on listening to the customer / market to effectively prioritize where commercial resources spend time and money is spent.
- Accomplished leader that creates a results-oriented culture where he/she can mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Requires superior communication and interpersonal skills to inform, lead and influence key stakeholders. Direct and transparent communication style highly preferred.
- Customer and execution-focused w/ transparency; lead through change; inspire people
- Ability to collaborate with and influence, large distributed teams with diverse skill sets
- Fact based and analytical decision maker, while collaborative and highly communicative using easy to understand process orientation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; MBA strongly preferred.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.