Head of Inside Sales - CO, MA, OH, GA at SumUp (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Sr. Director of Inside Sales -OR- Head of Inside Sales
Fivestars by Sumup is redefining the way businesses and communities interact by turning every business transaction into a customer relationship. As a leader in the SMB Loyalty & CRM space, Fivestars by Sumup is helping local businesses come back stronger than ever by turning their credit card readers into an all-in-one payments & automated marketing platform. Since launching in 2011, Fivestars by Sumup has become a robust national commerce network of over 70 million users engaging with thousands of small businesses resulting in $3 billion+ in local merchant sales annually. More than 1 million people sign up monthly to support the local businesses that make our neighborhoods great!!
In Oct 2021, Fivestars was acquired by SumUp – a financial technology company that allows businesses of all sizes to receive payments quickly and simply, both in-store and online. Named as Europe’s fastest-growing company in the Inc. 5000, SumUp supports over 3 million merchants globally and operates in 34 markets across Europe, the U.S., Brazil and Chile. With its card terminals and online services relied upon by businesses of all sizes from DHL to black cab drivers – SumUp is the partner of choice for small businesses from every walk of life.
We are seeking a high energy, passionate, results driven Head of Inside Sales for our growing Small & Midsize Business (SMB) Inside Sales and SDR organizations. This role reports to the SVP of Sales and is a key member of the Sales Senior Leadership team and will be responsible for managing the entire inside sales organization. You are a leader who finds true joy in helping others reach their maximum potential, and owns a "People First" mentality. The ability to have fun and become part of the team while leading is a must.
You will work directly with the SVP Sales to drive the growth and scale of our SDR and Inside Sales teams. As the Head of Inside Sales you will serve as the overall strategy and process leader for the Inside Sales organization and are accountable for the organization’s performance and scale. As a passionate sales professional you are hands on and enjoy directly engaging, leading, and developing high-performing teams. You bring with you experience working in a sales organization with the focus on small business sales and have a demonstrable track record of success as a leader of leaders in a scaling environment. You enjoy operating in a dynamic, transparent, and supportive setting.
- Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of Inside Sales and SDR sales organizations
- Amplify a culture where coaching, mentorship, tools, and training are used to create a best in class inside sales organization with well ramped, trained and engaged sales reps and leaders
- Measure the performance of the Inside and SDR sales teams, and use the measurement to both drive performance and support, mentor, and develop the teams and their leadership.
- Lead, in partnership with Revenue Ops, the design and implementation of appropriate reports, metrics, and forecasting
- Lead the direction and strategy on Insides Sales and SDR processes, programs, and skills attainment that will engage and retain top talent.
- Collaborate with the Sales Learning & Development team to rebuild the new hire curriculum and create a plan to continuously level-up the teams and their leaders.
- Develop and implement career path programs in Inside Sales and SDR teams and leaders.
- Experience planning, implementing, and communicating change
- Ampliphy compliance with key sales tools such as Salesforce.com, Gong, and Outreach to continuously improve the impact of our sales efforts
- Work well cross-functionally and own as your own your cross-functional leaders’ priorities when they involve your teams and leaders engagement
- Create a great place to work by living out the SumUp values of Share Humility, Authentic Relationships, Warrior Spirit & Joy Every day.
- Have never ending energy and optimism
- 10+ years’ experience in inside sales including successfully leading and developing an inside SMB organization
- Experience with scaling Inside Sales and SDR teams in fast moving environments
- Experience leading leaders
- Demonstrated Team quota achievement
- Demonstrated success of training and coaching of new sales hires
- Highly developed communication skills for all levels of an organization
- Proven track record of driving discipline and rigor in the sales processes and engagement with sales tools
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels both externally and internally, including executive and C-level
- Motivating personality, personable, and magical ability to connect with salespeople and business owners
- High level of integrity, customer service, and customer management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.