The AI Marketplace (AI Marketplace for Diagnostic Imaging - AI for Radiology | Nuance) is one of Nuance's critical new business growth initiatives and is being incubated with a dedicated team within Nuance's strategy organization in tight partnership with the GM of the mainstream diagnostic imaging business unit. The AIM is an emerging business that leverage Nuance's significant existing footprint in imaging with its market leading solutions including PowerScribe reporting and PowerShare image sharing platforms to build a multi-sided network platform for AI powered imaging that Drives Value to All Key Healthcare Stakeholders across Providers, Health Plans, MedTech and Pharma - Driving Better Patient Care and Lower Costs through Better Utilization Management, Companion Diagnostics and Clinical Excellence.
The AIM Business Development Director will play a major leadership role in the development of the go-to-market strategy for the AI Marketplace and will lead the partnership/sales/relationship management actives focused on the MedTech, Pharma, Health Plan and AI Algorithm Partner market segments for this emerging business.
As a key member of the Leadership team, the Director of Business Development will partner closely with their sales, marketing, and commercial operations counterparts. This role will require a dynamic leader with strong executive presence that is able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, comfortable both engaging multiple levels of leadership within Nuance and Alliance/client partners. This is a highly visible, high impact role within a dynamic organization that will require great client relationship/sales skills and domain experience.
Measurement of achievement will be based upon building critical partner and customer traction across the key market segments identified above.
The Business Development Director will report to the VP, AI Marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree (e.g. MBA) preferred. Clinical experience in imaging also a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant business development experience within healthcare selling to senior level executives within the health plan market segment.
- Strong understanding and experience in selling Health Plan Utilization Management/Medical Benefit Management and/or Care Coordination strongly preferred.
- Experience selling software solutions, especially AI/SaMD into executive level of MedTech and/or Life Sciences companies a plus. An understanding of companion diagnostics and precision therapeutics a strong plus.
- Strong analytic and strategic selling skills.
- Ability to build and own a deal model, forecasting, and analyses.
- Leadership skills and ability to collaborate across functions and organizations in a highly complex and dynamic environment.
- Strong executive presence, direct and in-direct influencing skills to generate commitment and constructively resolve issues while supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, with an entrepreneurial mind-set and a track record of results.
- Resourceful, decisive, and proactive approach to managing multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Be an articulate and visible team player who communicates with passion, energy, intensity and clarity.
- Intellectual and Conceptual Agility: an individual who is exceptionally skilled at grasping the essentials of complex situations and is equally adept conceptualizing solutions that are translatable into executable business initiatives.
- Analytical: someone who can dive deep into the details while maintaining focus on the big picture, allowing for the formulation of executable strategies.
- Organized: an individual who has a clearly defined approach for achieving results and can impart these attributes throughout the organization.
- Competitive: a person who possesses an innate desire to be the best and pushes an organization to achieve the same.
- Shape Strategy: partner with the AIM leadership team to design an appropriate business/GTM strategy for the target market segments. Deep understanding of market headwinds and emerging trends.
- Inspire & Influence: can energize people, teams, clients, customers. Natural, engaging leader with an outgoing and compelling communication style. High integrity, honesty, and passion.
- Put Customers First: seasoned and mature; will inspire confidence in clients and build deep relationships built on customer needs and distinctive value.
- Drive for Results: focused on creating client-centric solutions that increase client/partner traction. revenue and margin. Willingness to "roll up sleeves" and engage with team members to ensure outcomes.
- Disrupt & Challenge: interested in identifying new manners of market penetration and solution selling. Unafraid to challenge norms.
- Lead Innovation: Willingness to collaborate across functional boundaries to contribute to broader business needs. Challenge his/her organization to experiment and scale.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.