Data Security Consultant, Sales Engineering
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Position can be located anywhere in the US
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Engineering, the Data Security Consultant works directly with Nuance’s sales team.
Purpose of the role: Responsible for understanding and representing Nuance’s environment related to data privacy and security – respond to, interact and provide support and documentation to relevant customer discussions, RFPs, ISQs, etc.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Engage the customer in active discussion related to the data security aspects of Nuance solutions both through active (direct) and passive (indirect – supporting others) means for continued deal progression.
- Good understanding of Nuance’s information security plans and policies related to Nuance solutions, including how we respond to and recover from outages, potential security breaches, etc.
- Awareness/enablement of key Sales Support resources on Nuance’s information security standards, policies and best practices to enable individuals to respond to customers independently.
- Contribute to organizational process improvement, including processes related to developing use cases and knowledge management.
- Support and lead RFP, RFI, ISQ process related to data security, recovery objectives, etc.
- Collaborate with peers on appropriate customer-facing “ok” conversations and documentation; maintaining document knowledge base to Sales Engineering Team.
- Single Nuance CX passion, client-service mindset, hold line-of-sight BU accountability.
- Fully accountable and drives culture of accountability, leads w/ influence.
- Ability to inspire CX, collaborate with, influence, large distributed teams w/ diverse skills.
- Collaborative and highly communicative, including with external parties.
- Provider of honest feedback, and employs rigorous talent development practices – including intentional mentoring/knowledge share to others (SE, SC, etc.)
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Adhere to/meet timelines for all RFP, RFI, ISQ needs with content that will progress opportunity for Nuance
- Technical expertise – this role is the SME for all Nuance solutions related to data security
- Drive data security, recovery objectives, technical discussions as needed during sales process
- Document all discussions and decisions during customer calls
- Customer-focused mindset with focus on key healthcare initiatives, trends recognition and course correction
- Deliver high quality work while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Metrics driven – understand key metrics; seeking opportunities for improvement
- Ability to motivate and influence others to achieve greater outcomes
- Clear, on-time NPI process that allows for content rich customer engagement
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum years of work experience: 5 + years
- Previous experience working in a consultative presales role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent demo and presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior customer interface, telephone, email etiquette skills
- Planning, negotiating and time and priority management skills are critical
- Ability to take customer requirements and consult with relevant internal authorities in order to draft proposals and statements of work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope/ react appropriately in a fast moving, constantly changing work environment
- Knows when to escalate issues to Nuance or client management as appropriate for the situation.
- Experience with contact center technologies (IVR, WFM, Telephony)
- Relevant enterprise industry experience (contact center technology providers, speech technology, IVR, web/mobile, Artificial Intelligence)
- Familiarity with IS Security and industry related regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS, Hippa, Data Protection and Privacy regulations).
- Certifications a plus, such as Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.