Commercial Sales Engineer
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is looking for a proven Sales Engineer who will provide technical leadership throughout the inside sales process. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful Smartsheet deployment and adoption. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as consultative solution sales SE experience is required. This high profile role is part of the Inside Sales team and is based at Smartsheet corporate offices in Boston, MA.
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS (Software as a Service) company with millions of users in 150 countries experiencing substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Be a recognized Smartsheet expert and develop deep Smartsheet relevance (workflow definition, solution design, etc.) for key functional areas, such as Project Management, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, etc.
- Support Inside Sales Representatives with requests to perform technical Smartsheet’s SaaS platform, Integrations, and Add-Ons demonstrations.
- Assist Sales Engineers in design and develop of creative solutions to customer requirements using Smartsheet
- Demonstrate technical aspects of the product as a way to solve specific customer problems, and translate these problems into Smartsheet Solutions.
- Provide day-to-day product/technical support to sales team as well as new team and enterprise prospects.
- Provide support for preparing technical responses to prospect questions, FAQs, knowledgebase and case support entries; help define “best practices” for broad usage across large enterprises
- Travel to enterprise customer sites periodically, serving as a technical resource to sales staff.
- Deliver on, and exceed, all performance targets
- Early stage software, preferably SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience in a new category
- 2+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Great listening skills are a must
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deeply understanding of functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting related to collaboration/workflow/project management.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Willing to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Google apps, Salesforce.com, MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel skills
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required