Application Support Engineer - Software
It is rare to work at a company where you can help make a difference, even help save a life, and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in your work. Here at Rave Mobile Safety, you will have that opportunity. Our suite of products are designed to foster quick, relevant, and actionable communication during times of high stress. Keeping people safe is our business.
Rave is seeking a self-motivated Customer Support Engineer with strong technical software skills. You should be passionate about improving public safety, innovative technology, and creating great software. We continue to experience tremendous growth—and we want to talk to you.
What you'll do:
Rave’s technical customer support team plays an integral role in the success of our product by maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. A successful candidate will have a track record working directly with customers while answering technical questions and resolving customer issues. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer email, phone, or web requests for assistance in a timely manner.
- Accurately logging all customer interactions.
- Troubleshooting a broad range of technical issues on the application, and OS levels.
- Developing a full understanding of all Rave products.
- Creating and reviewing knowledge base documentation and FAQs based on issue solutions.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
Who you are:
- Experience in enterprise technical software support in a client-facing role
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and interact with customers of varying experience levels
- Ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of tools
- Above and Beyond:
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Ruby)
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Basic Understanding of SMS networks and mobile applications
- Experience with emergency notification or public safety systems support
- Command line / Bash scripting
Why you'll love it here:
- We build a very important product that has serious, life-saving implications but we don't take ourselves too seriously!
- Competitive base salary
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement savings program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extremely generous paid time off
- On-site gym
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Lively culture including happy hours, free lunch twice per month, company outings and more
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.