Account Manager, Experiences Supply
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and here on the Experiences team, we are putting together the biggest and best selection of things to do to help millions of travelers plan and book their next vacation. We are looking for a dynamic account manager to join our global supply team.
TripAdvisor Experiences offers a simple platform that allows tour, activity, and attraction suppliers the opportunity to distribute their products to nearly half a billion online consumers on TripAdvisor, Viator, and our extensive network of partner sites. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for retaining, optimizing, and growing key supplier accounts in your assigned region. You will execute account optimization activities designed to increase the quality of your suppliers’ products in order to improve conversion and revenue, and you will develop relationships with suppliers in order to negotiate optimal terms. The ideal candidate will be results-driven, execution-focused, and customer-oriented.
This role requires excellent communications skills, effective relationship-building talents, and a proven track record of achieving goals and exceeding targets. You must be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment. This is a great opportunity for a motivated candidate with a passion for travel to join a fun team and have immediate impact driving revenue for a fast-growing global company.
- Build strong relationships with tour, activity and attraction suppliers
- Execute supply optimization plans; achieve quarterly target service levels and results
- Proactively reach out to suppliers with recommendations to improve product quality
- Conduct data-driven account review and optimization meetings with suppliers
- Negotiate improved commercial terms, including pricing, margins, and exclusivity
- Retain supply, secure availability, and develop new products to meet consumer demand
- Serve as main point of contact for suppliers to help resolve issues and answer questions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders; participate in special projects and initiatives
- Proactively suggest improvements to current systems and processes to contribute independently to continuous process improvement
- Effectively and professionally represent our brand and our platform
- Partner with suppliers and destination organizations to understand, document, and share market and competitive trends
- Travel to attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements, and/or attend internal team meetings, as needed
Key Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years of experience in account management, preferably with an online company
- Travel industry experience preferred, particularly with tours, activities, or attractions
- Proven record of optimizing accounts and regularly exceeding targets
- Superb written and oral communication skills in English and the relevant language/s of the territory
- Effective relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with MS Excel, CRM tools/Salesforce, and content management systems
- Ability to organize multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Proven self-starter with ability to deliver on initiatives without constant supervision
- Confident and energetic; flexible and adaptable; organized and able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.