Account Manager, INBOUND Brand Partnerships and Sponsorship
Are you motivated by working with brands to create unique and remarkable event experiences or activations? If so, you may be the perfect fit for the INBOUND team at HubSpot. We’re looking for an ambitious, driven and experienced Sponsorship Account Manager who can help us grow the INBOUND event by supporting big brand partnerships and sponsorships for the annual INBOUND event and the INBOUND Studio.
When we think about what sets us apart as humans, it's the power of our minds and the connections we make with each other. We are uniquely able to learn from the past and shape our future. That’s exactly what we intend to do with our annual event, INBOUND and The INBOUND Studio, a year-round interview series that brings engaging conversations to our online audience.
INBOUND is truly unique as it is an industry event created to unite, educate and delight the inbound community who believe in doing business in a positive, helpful and consultative way, and it is a separate brand to HubSpot. It is a meeting spot for the community of inbound marketers, inbound sales, and inbound services professionals we aim to inspire. The thing that really fuels INBOUND’s growth (2,800 attendees in 2012 - 24K+ attendees in 2018) is the remarkable energy brought out of our audience and attendees when they experience the remarkable festival- like environment that our team creates in Boston for the event along with the amazing content and speakers we host at the event such as Michelle Obama, Shonda Rhimes, Tarana Burke, Andy Cohen, Issa Rae, Amy Schumer, Alec Baldwin, Judd Apatow and many more!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Extremely organised, with experience supporting or even leading client programmes.
- Experience with research, as well as organizing and developing a pitch
- Someone with an understanding of the importance of brand and the value that in-person experiences can bring
- Experience working on a pitch and working with marketers and/or brand teams
- Interest in sales, the sales process and ways to improve processes/approaches
- Someone with ambition and drive who is motivated to hit and exceed goals, no matter what
- This is an all rounder role with research, organization, project management, client relations, internal vetting / collaboration
- Must be flexible (must be able to flex his or her style) –for example, if we are off-target, there are areas in need of improvement or we change direction in line with the goals of the project this person must be able and willing to react and correct course
- Must bring a sense of urgency with a cool head
- Able to form positive working relationships within the team, with other teams in the organization and the vendor teams
- Someone who doesn’t take things personally when changes occur
- Must be comfortable with bringing other people’s ideas and vision to life without having to be the source of that creativity
Responsibilities will include:
- This is a sponsorship/sales support role, in which key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Exhibit Sales Support (30%), Custom Sponsorship/Partnership Sales Support (30%), Activation Project Management (30%), Research/Admin (10%)
- Client-facing, serve as day to day account management support to INBOUND sponsorship and partnership team, spanning from ideation to closed sale to post-sale campaign activation to upselling additional offerings to existing sponsors
- Skilled with the ability to take initial program outline and organize / compile proposal materials; adjust as needed through sales process
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of INBOUND sponsorship packages and offerings, with an eye towards continually enhancing and improving our go to market materials / offerings
- Proficient in PPT and Excel; ability to compile proposal decks (general or custom)
- Strong understanding of logistics and operations (role will require constant collaboration with INBOUND Ops team)
- Work hand in hand with the operations team to create project plans for the kick off, planning and execution of the brand activation on site at the event
- Results driven and client focused; Ability to continually solve for the client while weighing against INBOUND goals, capabilities and budgets
- Creative thinker, understands marketing and can think strategically for clients' needs
- Project management and/or sales support experience a plus; is able to organize a project scope, timelines and manage deliverables
- Ability to work independently, take direction and craft recommendations based on research/brainstorming
- Be a main point of contact for each brand partner on the ground at the event
- While this person will not have his/her own direct revenue goal, this role is crucial in revenue generation and overall sponsorship/partnership success performance
- The ideal person in this role should be comfortable with identifying new paths to revenue and possible upsells with existing clients
Team Mentorship / Collaboration:
The INBOUND Sponsorship team is a 3-person team made up of this role, as well as someone focused on brand partnerships and an additional Sponsor Sales Manager focused on small to medium sized business sponsor sales. The person in this role needs to work collaboratively, hand in hand with both members of the team, providing sales support and project management to help grow revenue and the overall success of the team.
Work closely with the following vendors in the execution of exhibits and brand activations.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).