Account Manager, Boston at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and others.
About the Role:
As an Account Manager, you play a central role on the Client Success team as you are responsible for renewing Panorama’s large accounts in our Large District segment and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing upsell opportunities, and developing relationships with school districts with more than 9,000 students in an assigned territory. These educators operate in political environments that are responsible for educating thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity and big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school district and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panorama’s value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of 30-50 of Panorama’s large districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Develop account plans and monitor overall account health across your portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with a Customer Success Manager and Implementation Lead to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panorama’s larger revenue clients.
- Travel approximately 25% of the time to facilitate planning meetings, renewal conversations, client health interventions, and support trainings.
What We’re Looking For
Excellent account management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management; demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, upselling accounts, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at developing account plans, leading strategy for client health interventions, and managing renewal cycles.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of up to 50 accounts, prioritizing accounts as necessary and communicating across external stakeholder groups with competing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at the leadership levels of organizations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
Thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional settings
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as team grows.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work and commitments while traveling.
Experience expertly navigating large organizations
- At least 3 years of professional experience working with large organizations; demonstrated savviness about the inner-workings and politics of decision making.
- Outstanding ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of large organizations, in particular with senior executive leaders and superintendents
- Passion for and commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity and access.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.