Account Director, San Francisco at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and Mark Zuckerberg.
Panorama's Client Success team partners with hundreds of school districts and charter networks to take them from "We just signed up for Panorama" to "Panorama helps us improve education for our students in many important ways." With a near-perfect renewal rate, excellent customer satisfaction, and strong year-over-year account growth, our team has set a high bar. Our partners want hands-on support and expertise in bringing Panorama’s product to their districts. That’s where our team comes in.
About the Role:
As an Account Director, you play a central role on the Client Success team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts in our Districts & Schools segment and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, and closing upsell opportunities and developing relationships with district leaders in districts with 4,000-9,000 students in an assigned territory. These educators operate in political environments that are responsible for educating thousands of children. You must thrive in novel, high-stakes situations that require creativity and big-picture thinking. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panorama’s value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panorama’s excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of 60-80 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panorama’s business.
- Develop account plans and monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening and creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Leads to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a strategic partner for a portfolio of Panorama’s larger revenue clients.
- Travel approximately 10-20% of the time to facilitate planning meetings, renewal conversations, client health interventions, and support trainings.
What We’re Looking For
Excellent account management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in renewal-oriented account management; demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, upselling accounts, and building client relationships.
- Excited by initiating and leading commercial conversations leading to renewals and upsells.
- Proven ability at developing account plans, leading strategy for client health interventions, and managing renewal cycles.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of up to 50 accounts, prioritizing accounts as necessary and communicating across external stakeholder groups with competing priorities.
- Ability to develop strong relationships at the leadership levels of organizations.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Passion for and commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity and access.
Thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional settings
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as the team grows.
- Ability to maintain high-quality work and commitments while traveling.
Excited and motivated by key metrics
- Proven track record of consistently hitting renewal and upsell goals
- Excels at rallying a team around goals
- Thinks outside the box to develop ways to hit goals
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.