VP of Strategic Projects at Panorama Education
About the Role:
Panorama is at a critical moment in our history, 8 years into our existence, as we think about the company we want to be in the future. We are going to need to analyze, change and reimagine the many ways we do things to set us up as a team for success in the future and to create a place where everyone can be successful. The VP of Strategic Projects will be really focused on working company-wide to help grow our team, results and culture.
The VP of Strategic Projects will partner with the President in looking at all the various systems, strategies, norms and cultures of Panorama, gather feedback from the team, identify, scope and execute projects to make our internal structures more successful and inclusive. They will spend time working on projects that form the next frontier of areas we need to work on, developing processes and approaches we’ve never explored before. They will also spend time mentoring, developing, encouraging and advocating for the next generation of Panorama leaders. Additionally, they will be a member of the Panorama Leadership Team and serve as a thought partner in thinking about ways to grow Panorama and make Panorama more effective and inclusive in partnering cross-functionally.
Some Example Projects this role would likely include:
- Supporting a cross-functional initiative (i.e. Future School, Protect the Base) by participating as a contributor and supporting to facilitate continuous progress, ensure people across the team are included and the initiatives are ultimately successful
- Leading research projects and analyzing cross-functional team business data to drive strategy and future performance (i.e. the effect of usage on renewal rates) in partnership with other leaders at Panorama
- Designing, leading, facilitating and executing a project to redesign our values
- Researching and identifying external experts, resources or best practices to answer key strategic questions around functional team bottlenecks for our next stage of growth
- In partnership with the People team creating and facilitating a rotational leadership program, various workshops (i.e. Manager Meetings) or leadership development programs (i.e. DISC) to help develop the next generation of leaders at Panorama
- Coaching, partnering with and supporting managers and individuals on process and system improvement projects
- Partnering with the Head of DEI and President to identify and build new systems to grow diversity, equity and inclusion within Panorama’s culture
- Leading specific change management activities and process improvements across the company by identifying challenges and objectives, partnering with stakeholders to transform and improve processes, and roll them out to the team.
- In partnership with the People and Ops teams, gathering feedback on, scoping and developing the next evolution of individual celebrations at Panorama (anniversaries, promotions, role changes)
- Identifying, building and evolving new systems to build connection amongst our team and growing culture within a remote environment
- Supporting on other ad hoc projects that need additional management/leadership capacity, such as Team Survey
- Leading some key company-wide communications, team-wide meetings or initiatives
- Partnering with the President as a thought partner on company-wide strategy and process improvements
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated success and experience leading and managing individuals and teams
- Knowledge and experience working on business issues specific to all functional areas (Outreach, Client Success, Product/Engineering/Research/Design, People/Ops/Finance)
- Demonstrated follow-through, completion and success of large projects and key deliverables and successful rollout to other members of a team
- Direct experience leading process improvement, designing processes, and defining metrics
- Highly collaborative and effective in working with a wide range of different people
- Experience fostering inclusion, culture and employee engagement
- Extensive and successful experience building strong, trusting relationships
- Ability to work and influence across all functions and levels
- Experience with and passion for working with, mentoring and developing people
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.