TX Project Manager
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Traveler Experience Project Manager, you are the internal voice of the Traveler Experience (TX) Department. You will work at the intersection between and the Engineering, Product, and Support teams, and our travelers to ensure that the traveler experience while interacting with Hopper is enjoyable and efficient. As we scale, you will immerse yourself in feedback, data, and company discussions, while striving to be always up-to-date with the ins and outs of Hopper as a whole in order to identify and solve problems before they happen. With that, your responsibilities will be to iterate on existing, sometimes more mature systems, processes, and procedures, while carving out the time to scope out new ones that may help your team achieve success and sustainability.
In this role, you will:
- Define and prioritize TX-based initiatives that will aid internal and external users.
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Incubate and foster new ideas on a departmental scale to continually improve our internal processes.
- Own the administrative side of Zendesk including management of our users, forms, fields, insights, customer-facing copy, and reporting.
- Identify, track, and communicate trending issues that affect Hopper’s user-base.
- Actively monitor Slack channels and troubleshoot app-wide and integration related problems on-the-spot.
A perfect candidate has:
- A deep curiosity about the underlying tech that makes Hopper’s bunnies hop.
- A voracious attention to detail.
- A passion for wanting to take a data-driven approach in order to solve problems.
- The drive to define and track the metrics that matter.
- The inherent ability to develop strong partnerships with all company stakeholders.
- Well versed in Zendesk’s suite of products (Support, Voice, Chat, Guide).
- Strong technical background and an appetite to always be up-to-date with the latest software.
- A course-corrector, knowing when a process isn’t optimized the way it was imagined, and the ability to evaluate and execute on all possible solutions.
- An effective collaborator that is able to learn and help weigh-in on decisions outside their immediate knowledge.
- Able to be proactive, and to produce results and unique insights without heavy-handed guidance.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!