Technology Operations (IT) Project Manager at Markforged
Markforged is looking for an Technology Operations Project Manager to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide integrated technologies and quality services to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost‐effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will report to the Director of Technology Operations and will support all aspects of Markforged.
As a Technology Operations Project Manager, you will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. In this role, you will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.What will you own?
- Enable TechOps to efficiently deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Markforged
- Run project management status meeting – collect and present project health metrics, follow-up on actions identified as projects risks, take meeting minutes
- Ensure all project and architecture documentation is centrally managed and updated
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Create OKRs and measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Work with TechOps to follow engineering best practices such as deploying stable systems, maintaining documentation, and outlining support guidelines.
- Create Purchase Orders and track lifecycle through Purchase Order completion, receiving items in system once procured
- Own TechOps communication plan
- Provide budget analysis, resource allocation, and coordination of project activities
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Monitor reliability and any internal issues that appear as a result of a project
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 3-5+ years of experience in a project support role within an active IT organization
- Skilled communicator with a focus on customer service to resolve issues effectively
- Project management skills – project schedules, risk tracking, resource management, communication
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA and Smartsheet, or others
- Google Workspace skills including Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Preferred: previous experience supporting IT project and communication initiatives
- Problem solver who knows how to effectively utilize resources
- Highly organized and precise, with great attention to detail
- Ability to provide concise documentation
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work autonomously while achieving results
- Ambitious, flexible attitude in order to prioritize in a rapidly growing startup environment