Technical Program Manager, Product Development at Kyruus
Technical Program Manager, Product Development
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
- Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
- Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
- Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Technical Program Manager, Product Development role.
You’ll contribute to the Kyruus vision and mission by driving efficiency and excellence throughout our Product Development teams and processes.
You’ll own specific operations and process improvement projects within the Product Development team to connect the work of our technical teams directly to our company initiatives and projects, such as our corporate scorecard goals or key business development opportunities.
- You’ll work to define structures for success for early stage product development opportunities with key customers, including roles and responsibilities, communication requirements and processes, and validation and verification of requirements across teams.
- You’ll lead effective brainstorming sessions with Product and Engineering management to scope work, create project plans, and drive decisions.
- You’ll use project management applications to develop project plans, help teams define what project success means, measure progress towards success metrics, and solve problems with internal technical teams.
- You’ll own specific operations and processes within the product development team, working closely with the VP Engineering, VP Product and Director, Program Management to continually optimize how teams operate.
- You’ll understand the “why” and the “what” of product decisions and work with Product Managers to ensure that is communicated across the organization.
- You’ll report to the Director, Program Management in our Program Management department within the R&D - Product division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 5-7 years experience in SaaS solution delivery and knowledge of agile development practices to:
- Use your expertise in modern API-driven solutions to help engineering teams deliver updated and new public APIs to better serve our customers
- Manage processes to help individual teams within product and engineering manage their components of department-wide projects, aligning needs and deliverables
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers and product managers at Kyruus and our customers and partners to develop successful solutions
You’ll use your project management, prioritization and time management skills to:
- Effectively coordinate and work across various departments to conquer larger, complicated projects
You’ll use your communication and problem-solving skills to:
- Ask the right questions of, and listen actively to, our internal teams to understand changing needs and partner on solutions
- Where applicable manage 3rd-party relationships to set scope and deliverables and ongoing communications for relationship successCreate an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed
- Escalate issues and provide project updates to upper management
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You’re a trusted member of the Program Management team and can provide immediate value to the product development team.
- You continue to collaborate with other teams in order to have a holistic view into how we produce and what we deliver.
- You can assist product development leadership on a wide variety of tasks.
- You assist with and add structure to our partnership management programs.
- You help define, measure, and evangelize the value of the program management team.
- You provide clear feedback to others and successfully collaborate with Delivery to understand areas for improvement and tradeoffs.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Technical Program Manager role can move in a more linear career path on the program management team. The next step is Senior Technical Program Manager and this individual could explore this role within program management on the Product Development team or Delivery team.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.