Solution Designer, Adobe Campaign
Advance medical knowledge: That is the core of our mission here at the Massachusetts Medical Society, publishers of the New England Journal of Medicine! We’re building our next generation of platforms to better serve our technical and customer needs. As the Solution Designer, Adobe Campaign, you will be a leader and are an experienced marketing automation and technology expert who drives end-to-end email solutions for NEJM Group. In this role you will be accountable for ensuring implementations and capabilities align with business strategies and goals and will be executing these implementations in Adobe Campaign Manager. The ideal candidate actively monitors trends in marketing technology, has worked with the tools in the Adobe Marketing Cloud, and can effectively leverage organizational data to meet strategic goals.
Our Digital Business Transformation (DBX) is revamping the way we make decisions, set priorities, and use our technology systems to deliver content and other services to our customers. DBX initiatives include implementation of new content management systems (MarkLogic, Contentful), a new eCommerce platform (Magento), increasing our analytics and marketing capabilities with Adobe, and much more! We are fully invested in continuing NEJM’s long-standing legacy as the world’s premiere medical journal by becoming a truly digital company. To get there, we are investing in our people, our mobile and online products and our IT team by deploying the latest technology and modern cloud-based solutions. If you’re seeking to grow your skills in a collaborative learning environment where new ideas are encouraged, this is the right place for you.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the patients and physicians of Massachusetts. We offer online CME courses and live events that award continuing medical education credits. The Society, under the auspices of NEJM Group, publishes the New England Journal of Medicine, a leading global medical journal and web site, and NEJM Journal Watch alerts and publications covering 12 specialties.
- Understand the customer road-map & current support/development efforts and suggest future design/solution decisions
- Engage periodically with key technology partners to plan for sufficient capacity and to be aware of upcoming new features / provide guidance (relevance and timeframe) to customer those features and benefits
- Serve as an advisor and problem solver to optimize the use of the Adobe Campaign across the enterprise
- Plan, setup, and execute Adobe Campaign in alignment with the strategy and objectives of internal clients spanning multiple business lines
- Design and create campaigns that use Technical/Campaign Workflows, offer management, email templates, import and export data
- Research into inquiries and requests regarding audience size and customer profile
- Review technical specs and ensure completeness in support of campaigns
- Build real time messaging solutions taking advantage of Message Center capabilities
- Provide architectural guidance on solution design and ensure that marketing data integration solutions are consistent with the enterprise data strategy.
- Define and document technical requirements for marketing strategies, plans, and processes
- Work closely with Business Owners to understand business goals for overall needs and strategies and ensure solutions are aligned with business goals.
- 3+ years experience in Adobe Campaign Classic platform
- 2+ years’ experience in Technical/Campaign Workflows, knowledge in external account configuration, offer management, data schema, Adobe configuration
- Deep understanding of Adobe Campaign, working hands-on with the technology
- Strong functional proficiency in campaign orchestration and marketing automation using Adobe Campaign
- Experience with other Adobe Marketing Cloud products (Target, Analytics, Audience Manager) a plus
- Experience in Message Center including Real Time/Batch email/SMS & push functionality
- Experience in managing the integration of marketing application software across an organization’s marketing technology landscape
- Deep understanding of architectural concepts and a solid grasp Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum experience preferred)
- Knowledge of template creation
- Knowledge of best practices for marketing operations, automation and workflow process
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Tactful and effective communicator able to maintain positive and effective work relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with marketing technology and its application in a business setting
- Minimum 7 years of overall business experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing technology and platforms, preferably the Adobe Marketing suite, typically with a marketing automation vendor or client-side background
- Proven facilitation capabilities and ability to deliver on goals and objectives
- Proven ability to guide analysis and discussion of issues to resolve conflict
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Our generous benefits offerings include: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, an onsite back-up childcare center, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 6 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled