Senior Project Manager & Scrum Master at Cantina
Senior Project Manager & Scrum Master
What we’re about:
Cantina is a strategic design and development agency. We accelerate an organization's ability to innovate, grow, and deliver better digital products and services. Our project managers are part of our delivery team, working closely with our clients to deliver customer-centric solutions. Delivery management is the hub that supports all our services providing product management, project management and best practices to our clients.
You’re a super generalist by nature and might have one or more areas of expertise in the project management field or beyond. You thrive on figuring out how to put your teams in the best position to execute. You’ve developed an opinion on how to right-size a project plan, manage risks effectively and motivate your teams. You have sound expertise in Agile methodology, are Scrum certified and have delivered many successful projects as a Scrum Master. You understand and can apply other methodologies, such as waterfall, if needed. You’re a platform geek and can recommend the right tool for the right team, client or project. You know your way around a Gantt chart but also understand that sometimes clients need other communication methods to know what’s going on. You’ve got experience with mobile projects and may have delivered an IoT or connected product project. You may also have worked as a product manager or business analyst.
- Develop plans for and actively manage the execution of digital product development projects.
- Manage resource allocation and utilization for project elements.
- Identify and mitigate program/project risks early.
- Build a reputation and serve as an internal escalation point person on projects/programs.
- Seek to improve critical financial metrics such as profitability and revenue growth.
- Track program interdependencies, milestones and deliverables to ensure timely and successful project implementation/deployment.
- Prepare & maintain highly detailed project plans; understanding of creative and technical development tasks and dependencies.
- Control and monitor project financials and put corrective actions in place to realign, if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of Statements of Work.
- Contributing to Cantina product design thought leadership by participating in Marketing-related activities.
- Pursue opportunities on behalf of the client that go beyond the obvious or accepted solution.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience working in program/project management.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with a minimum of 4 years leading Scrum teams.
- Experience managing digital product design and development projects.
- Consulting experience including facilitating workshops.
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development/deployment processes.
- Ability to articulate the software development lifecycle and how you have managed projects throughout or in a particular phase.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to influence others in these areas.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to do business analysis: identify trends, recommend solutions, elicit and define requirements, communicate the vision for the product, and provide ongoing analysis.
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior product management experience is a plus
- PMP certification
- Experience working with JIRA
- Knowledge or expertise with and ability to advise on the PDLC for connected products
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Optional company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike share program
- Flexible work arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave for up to six (6) weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea and more in the office
***This is a position in the Boston area and only candidates that live in or near the Boston area will be considered (no relocation compensation.)