Scientific Communications Manager at PathAI
At PathAI, we are using machine learning to diagnose disease accurately and to match patients with effective therapies.
In this position, you will work closely with scientific programs leads and external partners to help shape and execute the communication of our work in the development and application of new methodologies. You will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment at the cutting edge of biomedical research and biotechnology. Ideal position for a highly motivated individual who thrives by taking the initiative to apply both scientific and communication skills in an intellectually stimulating, collaborative, and social environment.
- Key point of contact with external partners, internal team members, and scientific venues. Work with scientific program leads and machine learning team members to conceptualize and craft scientific publications and presentations, including journal articles, abstracts, and posters.
- Develop project timelines and create streamlined process for on time delivery of drafts and final deliverables.
- Understand and apply publication-related guidelines for authorship and good publication practices (GPP3, ICMJE, ISMPP), and ensure that publication activities are within company policies, procedures and industry standards.
- Develop project timelines and create streamlined process for on time delivery of drafts and final deliverables ex: submission of proposals and progress reports for business partnerships.
- Analyze and interpret research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing.
- Assist in editing major scientific manuscripts, reviews, formal correspondence, and other key documents.
- Help researchers translate results into manuscript format and propel them to publication.
- Degree in a scientific discipline - PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communication company as a publication manager or senior level content reviewer.
- Exceptional writer with a strong science background who can deliver clear, accurate, and compelling pieces.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills. Strong visualization and design background.
- Adept at gathering information through interviews and enjoys engaging in discussions with researchers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple overlapping and shifting objectives.
- Able to translate complex scientific concepts for multiple audiences, balancing clarity and impact.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.