Release Engineer - Technical Project Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at LevelUp, a Grubhub Holdings Inc. Company, we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with stakeholders throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering stable on-time deployments of highly available, large scale systems.
- Define and use tools and business systems required to support the process.
- Work closely with team members to maintain status and timeline of upcoming releases and projects.
- Coordinating other inter- and cross-departmental projects.
- Track open actions, key task dates, and dependencies.
- Communicating program status and expectation changes to senior leaders and required stakeholders.
- Document detailed agendas, meeting minutes, and action items from key cross-functional meetings.
- Document the scope of projects in sufficient detail to communicate it to others as needed.
- Provide project status briefs to other internal parties.
- Write and maintain documentation for new and existing functionality.
- Working independently and comfortably in ambiguous or less well defined circumstances across departments
You Should Have
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge in the software and/or technology industry managing projects and/or releases
- Experience with JIRA or other project tracking tools and software
- Excellent organizational skills to include following directions carefully, being thorough and detail oriented
- Proven ability to adapt well to constantly changing situations, managing what at times can be organized chaos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership and facilitation skills, and presentation skillsExcellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexable PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.