Real Estate Project Coordinator
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Real Estate Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Real Estate team on property construction efforts. This includes new construction, renovations and ongoing maintenance efforts, in addition to space planning.
What will you do:
- Provide day-to-day management, technical direction, supervision and coordination of construction activities for a given project
- Develop, manage and update project schedules incorporating all phases of the project cycle
- Responsible for all scheduling and coordination with outside and/or building contractors, including maintenance and office improvements
- When required, work with property management teams to coordinate project team access, fire alarm/sprinkler impairments, electrical service or HVAC systems disruptions, etc
- Administer punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of project.
- Review and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Manage relationships and interface on a daily basis with engineers, contractors, architects and colleagues on a variety of construction projects
- Conduct regular auditing of seat assignments using internal mapping system.
- Report project status regularly to project team
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Previous experience supervising construction or space planning projects
- Basic understanding of facilities terminology with a history of managing and supporting projects of moderate complexity
- Willing to travel to project locations, sometimes with an extended stay
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excel at multitasking and work well under pressure
- Aptitude for determining areas of improvement/streamlining opportunities
- Certification or working towards a certification in a Project Management discipline