Project Manager at Vestmark, Inc.
As a Project Manager at Vestmark, you will interact with the most recognizable firms in the Wealth Management industry. This is a highly visible, client-facing role, within our Client Delivery organization. The Project Manager is designated as the Implementation Owner, and as such, is responsible for all aspects of successfully delivering new client implementations, as well as complex upgrades. Although good planning, organization, and reporting/tracking are required, this is not an administrative role, rather, this leadership role requires resourcefulness, creativity, and negotiation skills to ensure that the client and internal stakeholders maintain focus, priority, and momentum.
The Project Manager will lead the development of the implementation plan, risk management approach, and communication plan for initial on-boarding, conversions, and upgrades. Once in-flight, the Project Manager will steer the project around obstacles to successful completion with a view on committed dates. The successful candidate must have delivery experience managing complex systems implementations in mission-critical settings (ideally for a vendor firm). Energy, process focus, grounding in project management tools and fundamentals, and a commitment to succeed through constraint maximization are key characteristics for this role. As this is a client-facing role, the Project Manager must be a polished communicator and have enough comfort in our market segment and technology to ask questions. Finally, as a Project Manager at Vestmark, you will be asked to contribute to our efforts at continuously improving the client experience and best practices.
- Define and enforce project scope, schedule and drive project timelines, highlight and manage risks, identify impediments and deviations and collaborate with peers to devise creative solutions
- Manage implementation and development deliverables using established project management tools, templates, and techniques
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Focus project resources to deliver high-quality work, while driving to committed dates and managing riskEstablish and cultivate trust and confidence with the project team, Product Engineering, Relationship Management, Production Support, and client personnel, at all levels
- Develop Vestmark product understanding to be able to ask implementation-related questions
- Manage issues lists and communicate progress to all levels of senior management regularly
- Adhere to Vestmark project management practices by using established templates and standards, including weekly status reports, meeting agendas, project plans, control documents, and processes.
- Run effective, agenda-based meetings
- Document all client conversations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- 3-5 years of project management experience, specifically delivering mission-critical systems. Vendor experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence), project management tools such as Aha! and MS Project
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g. agile/scrum) Understanding of the Investment Trade/Order Lifecycle. Knowledge of wealth management and SMAs preferred
- Highly professional in documentation and client presentation
- Ability to set expectations and negotiate effectively, both internally and with clients
- Experience working in collaborative, matrix environments
- Able to build strong, internal and external relationships, based upon trust and credibility
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) and work extended hours on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status and genetic information.