Program Manager, MicroBachelors at edX
We’re seeking people who are learner-focused, outcomes-driven and share our passion for transforming how education is delivered.
At edX, a Cambridge-based non-profit organization, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to fulfilling careers and lifelong success. Today, edX provides more than 22 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and UC Berkeley. EdX provides inspirational and transformative educational experiences to students of all ages, social status, education levels, and income, worldwide. In 2015 we pioneered MOOCs for credit with the Global Freshmen Academy; in 2016 we introduced MicroMasters® Programs to expand access to career-oriented and advanced education; and in 2017 we launched fully online Master’s degrees on edX.
We’re continuing our efforts to make education more accessible with the launch of MicroBachelors™ Programs; these are stackable series of courses learners can take to acquire career-relevant knowledge, gain 21st-century skills, and earn credit toward a Bachelor’s degree. For working adults, these programs will remove the cost and time challenges of traditional models of college education, and enable people to advance their careers while also pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
We are looking for a Program Manager to help build and manage our credit-eligible and undergraduate degree programs for adult learners seeking career-relevant skills and a pathway to a Bachelor’s degree. The MicroBachelors program manager collaborates across edX teams and functions to execute against the program strategy, monitor performance, track outcomes, and ensure an exceptional learner experience. This role also works closely with a portfolio of partners collaborating with edX on the MicroBachelors program initiative, including universities, community colleges, government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, foundations, and nonprofit organizations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with competency-based curriculum development and learning alignment, overseeing credit and non-credit programs in an academic setting, and familiarity with higher education processes and accreditation policies. Experience with industry-academy partnerships, particularly in workforce development and career pathways programs (e.g, apprenticeships, co-op programs), is a plus. This position reports to the Senior Director of Academics and Research.
- Develop a deep understanding of the edX course and program catalog to be able to identify opportunities to articulate our offerings to other colleges and universities.
- Oversee curricular alignment of course and program learning objectives with stackable degree pathways.
- Understand industry needs, labor market data, and learner career goals and be able to assist in the development of high-quality curriculum and innovative pathways to degrees and employment.
- Build and produce reports that will identify areas of improvement for our MicroBachelors programs and partnerships.
- Manage the credit pathway and Bachelors degree relationships and serve as primary point of contact with our MicroBachelors program partners.
- Act as the voice of the learner, advocating for product enhancements and policies which reduce friction in the credit pathway and degree experience, while balancing them against edX’s interests and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5-7 years of related professional experience
- Superb project management skills, including multiple / complex stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Proven success reaching and exceeding measurable targets
- Thrives in a fast-paced, intense work environment and is accepting of change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow-through
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and work with others, to create trusted client relationships, and comfort moving between senior stakeholders and more tactical operations
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, simultaneously
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills; can effectively communicate and be comfortable both in the academic world and in a dynamic fast-growing company
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and identify and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise
- Positive team player with a roll up your sleeves, bias towards action attitude, who’s comfortable with ambiguity
- Knowledge of credit transfer processes, competency-based education, and prior learning assessment
This is an individual contributor role where a high degree of both self-direction and team collaboration expected. Some travel required.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.