Hotel Market Associate
We’re looking for a personable and hard working Hotel Market Associate to join Hopper. The Market Associate will partner closely with the Hopper Business Development team to ensure that Hopper’s hotel product in a given market (or multiple markets) is competitive and relevant for Hopper’s users. Initially the Market Associate will focus on Las Vegas but scope may grow quickly to additional markets and regions. The Market Associate is part of Hopper’s Business Development Team which manages win-win relationships with Hopper’s airline and hotel supplier partners. This is a great entry level position for a new or recent college graduate.
- Optimize content, rates and availability for an assigned set of hotels on the Hopper app
- Secure unique products from hotels to enable Hopper to differentiate to our consumers
- Secure promotional offers to support Hopper’s merchandising and marketing efforts
- Educate hotel partners on goings-on with Hopper’s hotel product
- Use Hopper’s business intelligence tools to create business performance reports and uncover opportunities
- Provide performance analysis and recommendations to hotels to maximize their sales on the app.
- Help Market Managers with hotel onboarding tasks such as mapping, content acquisition, payment solutions and connectivity tests
- Coordinate with Hopper’s customer service team to resolve time-sensitive issues with Hopper users
- Develop an intimate knowledge of your assigned markets with the goal of becoming the trusted advisor for local trends and market dynamics for hotel partners and the Hopper team
Qualifications & Background:
- 4 year college degree
- Passion for travel and Hopper’s mission
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with others
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English. Spanish language a plus
- Leadership experience in an educational or professional setting
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; active listener
- Strong analytical skills; ability to draw conclusions from data and communicate them
- Ability to multitask effectively and reprioritize on the fly
- Relationship builder; earns the confidence of others
- Bridges and sustains strong partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal).
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!