Enterprise Merchant Team Trainer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Enterprise Merchant Team Trainer is responsible for facilitating onboarding training for all new Merchant Team L1 hires, as well as orchestrating senior-level onboarding training for Merchant Team L2 agents. This role will also be primarily responsible for ensuring relevant training materials for the department are updated and the appropriate refresher trainings are run as needed.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Calendar Management/Scheduling
- Merchant Team New Hires/Onboarding :
- Schedule all onboarding classroom trainings, shadow sessions, and on the job training sessions for newly hired support agents
- Coordinate with support agents and leadership to assign team members to run trainings and proctor hands-on learning
- Schedule and host end of day sessions for new support agents
- Merchant L1 Refreshers:
- Coordinate and schedule two refresher trainings a month for the department to facilitate continued educationPoll the team and work with leadership to gauge department education needs
- Merchant L2 Team:
- Coordinate and schedule L2 trainings when there are new senior team members being onboarded
- Grubhub Care:
- As needed, assist with training Grubhub Care agents or their dedicated trainers (remotely, but may involve some travel)
- Merchant Team New Hires/Onboarding :
- Run classroom trainings for both internal team as well as external enterprise clients’ support teams as needed
- Run L2 onboarding trainings and refreshers
- Documentation/Training Material Upkeep
- Create, maintain, or delegate updates to any training collateral for the Merchant Team (for onboarding trainings, retrainings, or senior trainings)
- Catalogue all refresher training collateral and record all Refresher trainings and post them in Confluence
- Source topics for 102-level trainings (checking in with the team on what they want to see most, including team leads and graders to get a sense of subjects that the team might be struggling with)
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather training needs and knowledge
- Mentor and serve as point-of-contact for all new hires during the onboarding process
- Coach agents on presentation delivery to improve new hire focus and information retention
- Gather feedback on all new hires and distribute information to leadership to track new agents’ growth
- Escalate issues that require leadership assistance (such as time off requests, personal needs or accommodations, etc.)
- Create, modify (as needed), and assign all Litmos courses to new hires at appropriate times during the onboarding cycle
- Review all Litmos courses for compliance and grade assessments when necessary
- Quarterly review of Onboarding Litmos tests to ensure information is accurate/examples are still relevant
- Or reach out to appropriate specialist to update Litmos
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.