Director of Technical Operations
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Director of Technical Operations, you and your team will be directly responsible for our data center operations, technical project management, and set-up of our hybrid cloud infrastructure. You’ll be working directly with our engineering and IT operations groups, and spearheading our security and compliance initiatives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Maintain the vitality and vibrancy of your team as you actively add staff over the next several years
- Coach managers and individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists
- Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements
- Work closely with technical stakeholders and other partners on large initiatives
- Deliver ongoing improvements to the current platform while also being cognizant of Hopper’s rapid growth and scale (domestically and internationally)
- Nurture our collaborative environment
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Managed six or more network/technical operations engineers and project managers
- A project management background
- Worked on commercial consumer applications that are considered best of breed
- Experience with a hybrid cloud-based contemporary microservices stack
- The ability to learn quickly and advocate for data-informed decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 30 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!