Digital Ordering Program Lead
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Digital Ordering Program Lead for Customer Success will be directly responsible for moving the needle on adoption of Toast’s Digital Ordering product suite (Online Ordering, Toast TakeOut, GrubHub integration, etc). As a key to Toast’s customers’ bottom line growth, as well as a lynchpin to Toast’s consumer strategy, Digital Ordering represents a core pillar to the overall success of the Toast platform. The individual occupying this role will be a senior member of the team skilled in cross-functional program management and consultative selling practices, with a high degree of analytical and operational prowess. S/he will drive cross-functional initiatives that bolster upsell revenue and adoption of Digital Ordering, identify (and in many cases deliver) enablement and content strategies to improve focus on opportunities that drive adoption and revenue of the product, find and pull levers to advance core KPIs to ensure success, and maintain a high level of communication across the Toast organization. This individual should possess strong project management know-how. S/he will partner deeply with members of Support, Services, Education, Enablement, Product, Customer Marketing, and Restaurant Success at all levels to run a set of OKRs hinged on the build-up and success of Digital Ordering.
- Serve as the Customer Success Digital Ordering leader.
- Develop and maintain core KPIs and OKRs that ensure visibility into and success of the Digital Ordering product.
- Identify and help drive delivery of department-level initiatives that increase adoption and core revenue of Digital Ordering.
- Partner with Customer Marketing to drive DO adoption efforts at scale.
- Build department- and initiative-level playbooks that ensure success against core KPIs.
- Represent Customer Success in cross-functional Digital Ordering efforts, such as commercialization meetings, product readiness meetings, OKR reviews, etc.
- Serve as the main Customer Success driver to achieve month-over-month record adoption and upsell goals.
- Constantly identify new and innovative ways to drive net revenue and adoption increases across the DO product (Value Maximization).
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout different elements of the customer journey.
- Act as an advocate for Toast’s customers by acquiring customer feedback on the DO product, closing the loop with internal teams such as Product and Engineering, and advocating for customer needs in prioritization efforts.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity
- 5+ years in customer or sales functions
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people