Development Associate (Part-time, contract position) at edX
edX is offering a scholarship program for the first time ever, made possible by a philanthropic gift! The Development Associate is responsible for reviewing scholarship applications, managing the queue of applications, and eventually reporting on data of applications to the donors that have made this scholarship program possible. This role is integral in the operations of edX’s scholarship program and the stewardship requirements necessary to maintain its funding.
- Please note that this is a six-month contract position at part-time (20 hours per week), with the possibility of renewal.
Our small but mighty Development team of 2 people helps edX achieve its overall financial goals by raising philanthropic dollars to support many of the organization’s priorities. This role reports into our VP of Development and our Director of Development.
- Reviewing scholarship applications on a daily basis and ensuring they fit the criteria for the scholarship
- Managing the approval and rejection process for each application by working within the database and edX’s internal software
- Reporting on the number of applications received each week, including volume and trends
- Troubleshooting any technical issues within the application process, on a general and individual applicant level
- Collaborating within the Development team and other product teams regarding updates to the application process
You bring a(n):
- Keen attention to detail: each application should be reviewed with the utmost accuracy to ensure the appropriate next steps are met
- Comfort with databases: managing a queue makes up a big component of this role, along with maintaining efficiency within the database
- Great communication skills: you’ll connect with scholarship applicants and edXers across the organization
- Self-starter: this is a new role at edX supporting a new initiative, on a growing team - an ability to push a process forward in an ambiguous environment is key
- Background in scholarship programs, financial aid, or admissions
- HubSpot knowledge
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. Candidates must be local to Massachusetts.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we understand there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.