Associate/Principal of Pioneering AI-Driven Precision Medicine
GNS Healthcare is on a mission to enable the better matching of drugs and other health interventions to individual patients to cure disease, improve health outcomes, and reduce the total cost of care. By leveraging massive amounts of patient data and breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and machine learning technology to create the world’s first in silico patients, GNS is bringing a new level of personalization and precision to patients through our biopharma companies, health plan, and patient foundation partners. GNS is dedicated to making personalized medicine a reality in diseases including oncology, auto-immune diseases, neurology, cardiometabolic, and rare diseases.
If you’re interested in our vision of improving medicine and curing disease through data and technology, you can help us make a difference!
To assist in the rapid growth of our business, we are currently searching for an exceptionally bright, entrepreneurially-minded professional capable of understanding the complex interconnectivity of science, technology, and business in the biomedical and managed care industries. This individual will have a high degree of academic achievement and early experience applying that acumen to strategy and business problems in the biomedical and managed care areas. Raw talent and smarts will be valued over simply years of experience. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and collaborate on strategies and plans for growth, as well as executing on the incremental steps needed to achieve our goals. This role will work directly with the CEO and includes extensive travel and regular interfacing with key decision makers (e.g. CEOs and C-level executives) on both the pharma and payor sides of the healthcare industry. A collaborative mindset, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are a must. Emotional intelligence and the ability to adapt quickly to change will help the right person for this role achieve success.
- Work with CEO in development of strategies and concepts, and reduction to detailed plans
- Research and gather background material, craft messaging and themes and preparation of materials for key client and investor meetings and media briefings
- Travel to and attend client meetings with CEO, noting key themes and relevant action items for follow through
- Participate in and sometimes lead debriefings with internal team
- Lead special projects that have a high-level of impact on company value
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to understand complex concepts quickly
- Outstanding intellect and ability to learn the business and the marketplace
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Effective communicator with ability to synthesize complex concepts into easy to understand form with strong grasp of written and visual concepts
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Very polished self-starter with ability to think “outside of the box”
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience and understanding of a rapid growing startup culture is ideal
- Highly analytical and strong emotional intelligence
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree + Advanced degree in medicine, biology/genetics, or quantitative technical field (e.g. physics, engineering, mathematics, computer sciences, economics)
- 3-5 years working in management consulting (e.g. McKinsey focused on biopharma or managed care), venture capital or private equity, or biotech/pharma and/or health systems or health insurance industry
- Solid track record of outstanding achievement in one or more domains
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have a track record of success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
We are passionate about our work and believe in the ability of our technology to change the world. Our core values of integrity, collaboration, value, diversity, and game-changing guide our behaviors with each other and our clients.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and gym membership, tasty food, volunteering opportunities, social gatherings, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.