Robot Technician at RightHand Robotics
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is a leader of robotic piece picking equipment. Our robots are a key part of warehouse delivery operations around the world. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated Robot Technician to support our Engineering teams. The primary responsibility for this position will include overseeing our robotic picking system to help us run tests to evaluate and improve performance of our product.
This is a temporary engagement that can be expected to last for 6 months, starting in October, 2020. During this time, the person in this role can be expected to work onsite* in our Somerville office ~30hr/week, Monday - Friday.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Are meticulous and thorough in your work (ex. Taking careful notes and reporting on performance, key issues, etc.)
- Like to problem-solve
- Are willing to work a flexible schedule
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: Have experience working with Robots
- Bonus: familiarity with Linux and/or software development
- High School Diploma/equivalent required
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance
*Note: Due to the hands-on nature of the work, the individual in this role will be required to be onsite. RHR prioritizes employee health and safety and has implemented COVID precautions that exceed the state and CDC guidelines.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At RightHand Robotics, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.