VP Customer Onboarding at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a key leader, you will lead critical missions that drive substantial growth and help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
This individual will work closely with sales to deliver live revenue for all customers executing a significant number of implementations per month across a variety of delivery models including on-site implementation, remote implementation, self-implementation and implementation with contractors. This person will be responsible for ensuring every customer is set up for success on all products they purchased and set the stage for high adoption and customer satisfaction. This person will manage an existing team of over 100 FTEs (both exempt and non-exempt) and dozens of contractor partners. This is a very senior role with significant visibility at the executive leadership team and board level.
About this roll*:
- Drive a vision for the onboarding customer experience for the vast majority of our customers and ensure this vision is executed through the organization
- Drive company revenue through successful implementations. Hit monthly revenue forecasts to the SLT and Board and develop strategies to consistently hit forecast
- Equally adept at executing with extreme detail and building broader strategic plans while building the org with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Uses a process oriented, data driven approach that's built to scale 2-3x over the next few yearsOwn and manage all P&L responsibilities and drive necessary efficiencies
- Drive positive customer experience as measured by NPS and CES and serve as the voice of the SMB customer
- Lead large distributed teams across multiple offices and many remote employees focused on creative a positive work environment where employees can grow and thrive
- Partner with sales on revenue delivery and product to drive a positive customer experience
- Drive monthly, quarterly and annual execution of OKRs and operating plans
- Buld organization through strong mentorship and talent development while identifying key opportunities for growth, investment, and upleveling.
- Travel to each office regularly to maintain strong relationships and executive presence
- Effectively partner with other teams such as FP&A, Business Operations, Customer Marketing, Sales, Product.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years in customer or sales functions with at least 5 years driving implementations and/or revenue
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company or provided services to SMB customers at significant scale in a sales leadership or CS leadership role
- Must have been responsible for revenue and profit margins
- Experience leading large distributed teams (200+)
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people
- Proven track record of building diverse, inclusive and high performing teams; culturally sensitive and open to differences
- Change Agent - in the face of resistance and conflicting views, have the ability to push through new ways of thinking and work both within their team and the wider organization
- Anticipates the future - act as a true leader, anticipating future opportunities and challenges and ensuring the team is lined up against them
- Personal leadership - respected and trusted leader with proven track record of achievement, adept management skills, reputation as a leader of change and passion about speed and simplicity. Ability to rapidly develop strong rapport and build relationships with individuals and teams at multiple levels of the organization
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.