Vice President (VP), Operations at Bevi
Bevi is an environmental company that aims to entirely eliminate disposable bottles and cans through smart beverage machines that purify water and create healthy beverages on demand. Our first product is an IoT office water cooler that serves customizable sparkling and flavored water. We’re growing over 100% year over year and have raised over $60M in venture capital.
Bevi is seeking a visionary VP Operations to redesign the beverage supply chain – making beverage delivery more efficient, automated, and environmental. In particular, the VP will own Bevi’s supply chain, field service, customer support, information technology, and business intelligence functions (which collectively make up over 40 employees today). This role will involve developing and implementing systems and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of our product and service. The VP Operations reports to the CEO and is a key member of Bevi’s leadership team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Define the vision for operations at Bevi, including how we develop and use systems and processes to manage thousands of machines in the field.
- Set and manage against quantitative KPIs, and contribute to an increasingly data-driven and process-oriented culture.
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers and distributors.
- Across the value chain, make decisions about which aspects of Bevi’s operations to outsource vs build in-house.
- Grow and standardize field service and technical support functions, creating and driving the adoption of standard operating procedures.
- As a key member of Bevi’s Leadership Team, collaborate with other department heads to set long-term and short-term business strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- 10+ years of professional experience in strategy, operations, supply chain, and/or manufacturing roles.
- Excellent general management skills and change management skills, preferably in high-growth venture-backed startups.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. In particular, we’re seeking the ability to turn vague long-term strategies into detailed step-by-step action plans with clear, measurable KPIs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to get into the weeds when needed. We’re looking for an executive who can quickly jump back and forth between detailed implementation (e.g. designing process flows, analyzing machine data) and high-level strategy (e.g. deciding which partnerships to pursue).
- Familiarity with the latest software and systems to manage logistics, field service, and tech support is a big plus.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of both commission and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!