Technical Support Engineer at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting all Worldwide Enterprise Support Customers on Dragon Products and Dragon SDK. This role requires that you work closely with Enterprise Customers, the Engineering team, the product management team, and peers to ensure that product defects are addressed, tested, and resolved in an expedient manner. In addition to supporting the Enterprise Customers, you will also be responsible for working very closely with the Sykes Tier 1 support teams to handle escalations from the retail queue which conducts support Worldwide for Retail customers. This role requires that the team hits individual and overall Customer Satisfaction goals to maintain our WW CSAT levels of 95%.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering exceptional technical support services to Nuance Partners, Retail Customers, Nuance Sales team, and Escalation Support from Sykes L2.
- Responsible for keeping all Support Incidents updated and within SLA’s using the RightNow CRM.
- Responsible for maintaining the high level of Customer Sat for all supported entities in compliance with standard contractual service level metrics.
- Provide remote sessions with Dragon Enterprise and Dragon SDK customers to meet resolution metrics.
- Work closely with Product Engineering to assist in indentifying product failures and performance issues.
- Identify Knowledge Base acticles that will assist customers in resolving their issues without having to contact Support.
- Assist in responding to escalations that have been expressed through social media posts.
- Create new content that will enable Dragon SDK customers to use our Customer Portal Knowledge Base articles for Dragon SDK.
- Able to manipulate sample code in order to identify areas that may be impacting Dragon SDK.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: BA/BS Degree in computer science, call center experience, or equivalent work experience
• Self Starter with strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills.
• Exceptional Customer Service Skills.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of Networking, Windows Operating Systems, C++,C#, and VB.
• Proficency in PC and Various Applications (MS Office and CRM Tools).
• Strategic thinking and problem solving abilities.
• Able to guide customers through remote sessions in order to capture data needed for Support.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations
Preferred skills: Knowledge of C++, C#, VB, Windows
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.