Team Lead, Front Line Operations at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for a team of Specialists. You will oversee the workflows and day to day operation tasks of the team for a specific marketplace. You will manage projects and work with a strategic lens to ensure a proactive and great experience for our diners. You will collaborate across the team and provide day to day to direction and support to your team. You’ll be a leader and be effective at synthesizing input and perspective from key stakeholders. The team takes a data-driven approach to identify the highest potential opportunities to unlock additional growth that is fundamental to success.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead a team of Specialists who are responsible for managing order level execution while surpassing service and experience metrics
- Provide day to day direction, addressing complex deliveries and real time issue escalations for restaurants, customers and drivers
- Monitor business performance metrics to ensure workforce alignment with company goals and objectives. Measure business impact of market decisions
- Work closely with Market Managers to incorporate and quantify teams feedback and identify opportunities to help deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations
- Create a positive and focused team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Coach and provide oversight as needed to support attainment of quality and performance metrics
- Provide guidance to team members on how to leverage data to make thoughtful decisions. Develops the team’s critical thinking skills
- Participate in new programs and processes to improve diner, restaurant, driver and employee satisfaction
- Flex to new pressures and adjust to new priorities quickly
- Communicate updates and business context to team as needed, sharing not only the what, but the why
- Monitor and maintain operational and quality metrics to evaluate performance
- Ability to break down large datasets and synthesize inputs from multiple sources
What You Bring to the Table
- Candidate must be a Senior or Lead Specialist level with 1 year length of service in the role
- 4+ years experience of relevant work in operations, logistics, management consulting, or in a high growth startup
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to coach and motivate others
- Strong ability to influence others and collaborate in a team-based environment
- Strong business acumen, including communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel or a desire to learn
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.