Sr. Telecommunication Engineer
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
To be considered for this role, candidates must currently live in Arizona, California, Colorado,
Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, or Tennessee
DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for planning and implementing projects to complete deployments of new complex clients, hardware and software upgrades and monitoring of the telecommunication and network environment. Reviews and establishes requirements to provide necessary network infrastructure for the organization. Administers and maintains organization’s telecommunication and network environment. Diagnoses, identifies, researches and resolves problems associated with hardware and software. Provides third level support for all telecommunications and network infrastructure. Researches emerging technology.
- Assesses and determines network requirements for designing and developing hardware, software and systems solutions to provide required network infrastructure and services.
- Participates in project planning related to increasing organization’s efficient IT functioning.
- Leads new network projects according to plan timelines.
- Tests and analyzes software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Examines existing bandwidth to ensure network capacity and processing speed.
- Writes evaluation of proposed upgrades and expansions to corporate information systems and makes recommendation for management review.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Reviews and troubleshoots implementation of networking solutions and products to ensure that they meet the organization’s requirements.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures for the data networking infrastructure.
- Observes server hardware, software and system functions to verify correct operations.
- Documents changes as they are made, highlighting resulting performance enhancements.
- Automates the monitoring and support of system and provides regular on-call support.
- Reduces the overall cost of doing business by suggesting and implementing office automation techniques that reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
- Assists or leads special projects as necessary.
- Develops networking designs, implementation and support of VOIP services in a WAN environment
- Develop and implement SIP trunking services for VOIP call handing integration in a call center environment
EDUCATION: High School diploma and some related technical training or equivalent experience. Certification is preferred
- 6 years of in depth Telecommunications and network experience. 3 years of project management experience. Experience with business continuity planning. Experience in a large call center environment.
- 3-5 years related network administration experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Avaya Red, SIP and SBC
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations process
COMPLEXITY: Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within all levels of the organization. Solid understanding of networking concepts and project management skills.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Works with other team members, including cross-functional teams, business users, and vendors. Mentors new and/or less experienced team members.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Required to wear a pager 24 x 7. Occasionally work nights and/or weekend hours for major implementations to minimize impact on organization. Must be open to 10% travel