We are seeking a focused, high-energy leader for Diner Care Operations. A critical component of Grubhub’s business, this evolving team provides order and account support to our Diners nationwide through multiple contact channels including Calls, Chats and Tickets. Our Diner community can come to Grubhub via our Marketplace, Campus, Enterprise, and Corporate Clients.
Reporting to the Director of Care, you will nurture relationships with leaders throughout Care and other partner organizations like Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, and Accounting. You will relentlessly pursue delivering excellent customer service and hold your team accountable for developing expertise and providing the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy to all customers, internal and external. You will leverage a wide range of people and operational management skills to optimize our Diner experience while also maintaining the health of daily and long-term goals.
The Impact You Will Make
- Establish an analytical, operationally-oriented environment in a Partner-focused team that has bias towards action and a broad, long term strategy for the programs that represent GH business objectives.
- Connect system designs with workflow and operational design will impact customer experience (CX) and agent experience (AX) with the focus on streamlined and optimized processes.
- Represent process and system improvements in clear business terms that consider cost, effort, and value. Individuals would build cases mostly independently with recommendations that could be presented to teams for review and prioritization.
- Monitor, analyze and research KPI trends to ensure business results meet targets, share results with appropriate teams to address gaps and/or insights to other areas.
- Sponsor deeper research opportunities that will have clear value to your business area; collaborate across teams to ensure a complete understanding and appropriate inclusion.
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Agent to the GH business to advocate for improvements and speak to the total support experience.
- Fluent in day-to-day operational design of teams, including systems and policy design. Demonstrate proficiency when consulting with teams to review changes.
- Meet with stakeholders within Care and other teams to provide regular reviews and/or present specific findings that merit support and/or sponsorship.
- Lead and inspire others to think outside of the box and develop best practices in the performance of the Customer Service support model.
- Collaborate with the Care Leadership team to align on Care-wide strategy and projects
What You Bring to the Table
- Flexibility to work extended business hours, including some holidays throughout the year.
- Some travel may be required, typically no more than 5-10 days per quarter
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in business; MBA a strong plus
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/Lean or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment; leadership in an e-commerce/technology environment is a plus
- Proficiency with using Tableau dashboards to monitor the business and identify issues and root causes in the operation; bonus points for experience writing SQL queries
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills with a proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
- Flexibility to adapt and to learn on a constant basis
- Fluency in contact center support functions (Quality Assurance, Workforce Management, Training)
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team; ability to balance project planning with real-time problem solving and fire fighting
- Proven ability to collaborate and work well under pressure and to make sound decisions quickly in a fluid, fast-paced business environment
- Creative thinking skills with innovative and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]