Sr. Director, Head of Partner Success at edX
We are seeking people who are learner-focused, outcomes-driven and share our passion for transforming education.
edX is the trusted platform for education and learning. We are home to 24 million learners who are able to select from nearly 3,000 courses from the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location, and access. Supporting learners at every stage, whether entering the job market, changing fields, seeking a promotion or exploring new interests, edX delivers courses for curious minds on topics ranging from data and computer science to leadership and communications. edX is where you go to learn.
Our university and industry partnerships are one of edX’s greatest strengths and we are looking for an accomplished customer success professional to lead the Partner Success team that is responsible for managing our partner relationships (post-sale). Ideal candidates will have experience leading teams focused on building and managing partner relationships that deliver tangible, mutual business results and value. The position requires a dynamic professional with superior business acumen that can lead, motivate and develop the team to effectively work with partners to deliver on edX’s mission and business goals. The Head of Partner Success will also need to provide valued guidance and leadership to our partners, at all levels from executive to practitioner.
The role reports to the Vice President of Education Services. As a senior member of the group’s management team, you will also work in close collaboration with leaders and key groups across edX including content strategy, marketing, partner operations, and product delivery.
The Head of Partner Success will:
- Build, lead and develop a world-class team focused on acquiring the best courses, programs, credentials, degrees and other types of content while strengthening partner relationships
- Define and drive the transformation of our capabilities to acquire high-quality content, from single courses to degrees, that delivers continuous growth for edX and our partners and provide exceptional educational experiences for our learners
- Develop and utilize method driven account management approaches that create demonstrable business value through our partnerships including and beyond content
- Develop and track key metrics to identify trends to address partner opportunities and challenges.
- Report on metrics and provide visibility and forecasts to key business and operational teams
- 7+ years of leading a customer, client or partner success organization with a proven business development track record, international experience a plus
- Proven track record of setting strategy, goals and motivating teams to achieve them
- Designing and implementing systems (e.g., pipeline management) and management practices (e.g., KPIs and reporting) for operational effectiveness and financial/growth results
- Proven ability to identify key stakeholders (internal and external) and develop strong business relationships at every level, from C-Suite to practitioner
- Possess a ‘whatever it takes’ mindset and comfort in working with teams in a hands-on fashion as needed
- Experience shaping/implementing cross-functional initiatives, serving as a thought-partner and leader to the rest of the organization
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.