Senior Service Delivery Manager at Nuance (Burlington, MA)
Service Delivery Managers play a pivotal role in maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty by acting as the client advocate on operational and service management matters. Service Delivery Managers are responsible for technical issue resolution, triage and escalation management, fulfilling data requests and lead customer interaction on service related issues and orchestrate actions within Nuance to ensure quick resolution. They facilitate client requests for change, service issues, SLA uptimes, reporting and strengthening the customer relationship through the delivery of exceptional service.
- Enable the team's collective success, delivering business outcomes and building a cohesive, high-caliber organization.
- Coach and hold team members accountable to improving performance and skills and maintaining outstanding customer support.
- Hold regular team meetings and 1x1's and foster an inclusive culture of high-performance, accountability and continuous improvement
- Maintain high level technical knowledge of Nuance solutions and future product direction
- Provide customer specific application, solution, and product support expertise
- Have a detailed knowledge of the services provided to each account
- Understand the effect a service outage may have from the customer perspective
- Study technical inputs from multiple parties and communicate status and decisions
- Understand technical tasks independently, and in conjunction with subject matter experts.
- Utilize internal resources to diagnose and resolve technical and process issues
- Build relationships and rapport with key internal and customer contacts
- Effectively keep others adequately informed by presenting information to management, public groups, and/or executives using the appropriate communication methods
- Hold weekly/monthly meetings with customer both in person and by conference call
- Document meeting minutes and outcomes and ensure actions are completed timely and escalated where needed to line management
- Provide weekly/monthly customer reports on service requests and issues
- SLA reporting
- Continuous Improvement
- Incident Management & Escalation
- Root cause analysis
- Change Management
- Help define and improve customer SLA's
- Be responsive to the customer in any and all requests or issues
- Act as an escalation point for issues reported into the SRC and serve as main interface between the customer and internal technical departments
- Review open requests and communicate with appropriate groups within Nuance to make sure all requests are being handled appropriately
- Attend scheduled meetings(conference calls or in-person meetings) for regular work planning, change control reviews and one-off projects. Responsible for setting agenda items for many of these meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum eight years of experience working in a technical customer support and/or service management role in a hosted environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to build, motivate and inspire global teams working under tight timelines
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- The ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple tasks and conflicts
- Outstanding ability to diagnose problems which could be related to process, technology, strategy or people and put in place actions/measures
- High attention to detail and organization; must be able to organize documentation/content in an efficient and user-friendly manner
- Experience presenting in front of senior leadership
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies, including senior level executives
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & Initiative.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Willingness to 'roll up one's sleeves' and assist wherever needed
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Prior experience with and a solid understanding of private cloud (VMWare) and public cloud (Azure, AWS)
International experience/global mindset - self-awareness of communication styles and cultural differencesPrior ITIL experience or certification
- Experience working in a SAAS or Managed Services environment
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.