Senior Manager, Customer Success Management at Klaviyo
As a leader of the CS and Support organization, our job is to solve for both the customer experience and our employee experience. We will do this by creating trust with both our customers and our team through our humility, open-mindness, and giving the team a strong sense of purpose with being part of the Customer Success organization. Our job is to empower the team giving them the clear vision, direction, and support they need to grow and be successful in helping our customers own their growth.
The Senior Manager of CSM will lead a team of managers to deliver on the vision of the Global CSM team to deliver a world class customer experience. You'll be responsible for the growth and development of your team, driving efficiency through improved process and operationalizing plans, acting as an escalation point for customer and team issues (resolving them as they arise), and helping to develop the strategies necessary to reach Klaviyo’s goals.
The position reports to the Director of Customer Success and works closely with the Senior Manager of OBS along with other teams and leaders across the company. You will fully own the customer experience post-onboarding and will be responsible for the Global CSM teams churn numbers, net retention and NPS.
This person is highly collaborative and innovative with a track record of relentless & effective execution, results driven, ensuring data is leveraged to make all decisions and is excited to tackle some of our Klaviyo’s most challenging opportunities for improving the customer experience.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Responsible for working with the director of CS to manage the planning and directing of the CSM business function successfully through clear goal setting, objectives, plans of execution and team metrics. Responsible for ensuring the goals cascade to all workers.
- Keeps the customer journey at the center of all decisions and identification key areas of opportunity to improve and scale the customer experience. Collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate customer risk at scale and help your team to secure necessary assistance.
- Proactively and successfully partners with key people in marketing, sales, finance and product to achieve shared goals and objectives. Has the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Leverages data and objective measures to design and make key business decisions. Focused on the key strategies and execution of the business unit with visibility into cross functional impact.
- Reporting out monthly to the Director of CS on key metrics, highlights, lowlights areas of risk and areas for opportunity of your customer base. Ability to analyze issues and problem solve in an objective and scalable way.
- Assign accounts and distribute work across individuals for optimal customer coverage and team balance.
- Hires and develops new managers; coaching through effective leadership, how to have an effective 1:1, how to hold a team meeting, how to hold a team accountable, how to stretch top talent and effective performance management.
- Creates an inclusive culture on their team through leading by example with being humble and open-minded, and operating with high integrity by being open to feedback.
Who you are:
- 5+ years scaling a high-growth, customer-centric enterprise solution or SaaS technology
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business
Get to know Klaviyo:
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.