Senior Manager, Customer Success - East/EMEA, Strategic Accounts
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced manager to lead our East/EMEA Customer Success team. The right candidate is passionate about coaching and developing team members to deliver great customer experiences and strong business results.
As Sr. Manager of Customer Success (East/EMEA), you will oversee our CSMs working in our Boston, London and field locations on the East Coast. You will partner closely with other Smartsheet leaders across Customer Success, Sales, Support, Professional Services, Marketing and Product to drive strong usage, retention, and growth.
This position is based on the East Coast and will report to the Sr. Director of Customer Success for Strategic Accounts.
- Lead our East Coast and EMEA Strategic Customer Success team, creating and executing a cohesive strategy with tangible goals, consistent performance, and tracking of key metrics to drive retention and expansion
- Drive programs and services across East/EMEA customers that grow usage, satisfaction, customer health, renewal/expansion, and likelihood to recommend Smartsheet
- Hire, coach and develop individuals to be strong CS leaders of their business
- Engage with team members to build and execute on their career and personal development plans
- Foster a collaborative, supportive and effective culture within the team and with internal partners
- Team with Sales, Marketing, Support and Professional Services to guide customers on their Smartsheet journey and help them maximize their investment
- Build programs and initiatives to drive continuous improvement and scale
- Represent the voice of enterprise customers to Product and Engineering teams to drive enhancements and new capabilities
- Manage budget to deliver high ROI
- Provide thought leadership as we evolve our Customer Success vision. Help turn this vision into executable programs and processes for CSMs to deliver to our customers
- Meet or exceed performance goals
- 6+ years of management experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, or related disciplines for a global B2B tech, SaaS or enterprise software business
- Customer facing experience with large, enterprise customers and international accounts.
- Experience establishing and growing relationships with all levels within enterprise organizations; influential individuals, managers, S-level, and C-suite
- Strong leadership, business development, and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans
- Experience with change management and business optimization improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to collaborate with senior leaders across an organization to deliver results
- Experience driving both low-touch and high-touch customer engagement activities to success, including management of customer issues and escalations
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes
- Passion for working with leading edge, web-based technologies and a desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment
- Willing to travel based on customer and business needs
- Bachelor’s degree required in an appropriate field of study
- Smartsheet product knowledge - Smartsheet certification is a plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.